Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2022, 06:34 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to dennydiver
Discovery 37U Slide

I have a 2002 Fleetwood Discovery 37U with 2 slides and the large slide with dinette and sofa does go out fine but will not come back in without help. It does come in until it needs to raise up but then stalls out and if some one pushes on it either on the outside or inside raises up on unit it will come in.
I have had it adjusted to no avail and cannot find anything wrong other than not having enough power to get up over the hump. I have been told there is a control unit somewhere that may be weak and not giving enough power for it to work but cannot find it or know where to look.
Does anyone know anything about this problem.
Thank You
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2022, 07:09 AM   #2

you need to take an amp draw on the motor. The controller will be in the bay near that slide room. Not sure where on that coach. The year of the coach would lean me more towards the motor since you can help it in. If your amps are getting high when under a big load it tells the motor to stop.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 10:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennydiver View Post
I have a 2002 Fleetwood Discovery 37U with 2 slides and the large slide with dinette and sofa does go out fine but will not come back in without help. It does come in until it needs to raise up but then stalls out and if some one pushes on it either on the outside or inside raises up on unit it will come in.
I have had it adjusted to no avail and cannot find anything wrong other than not having enough power to get up over the hump. I have been told there is a control unit somewhere that may be weak and not giving enough power for it to work but cannot find it or know where to look.
Thank You

Batteries voltage house and chassis?
Motor running?
Alternator output voltage?
Old 07-07-2022, 11:01 AM   #4

no help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Batteries voltage house and chassis?
Motor running?
Alternator output voltage?
I do have all of that and more

I Finally found my controller it is under the bed behind the AC panel and it all seems fine fuses are ok and connections are good but still have not found the problem unless it is a weak motor.
Old 07-07-2022, 02:15 PM   #5

I find spraying a Dry Lube with Teflon onto a paper towel then wiping that onto both sides of the "plastic" ramp really helps. When the room is all the way out, from the inside of the coach reach under the slide carpet and you should be able to feel the ramp. Rub the paper towel onto both sides of the ramp.

Also the room may sit on some nylon blocks as it slides in and out. If so, try the dry lubricant on those.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dry spray.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	370407  
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 02:30 PM   #6

Also, make sure the room is centered in the opening. In my Discovery I found the room had shifted forwards, causing the room wall to rub against the coach frame opening. That rubbing made the motor work much harder to get the room in all the way. I found the Power Gear jacks Auto Level was off causing the front end of the coach to be low, which then caused the room to slide forward. I calibrated the auto level and now the room is centered in the opening.
Old 07-09-2022, 08:30 AM   #7

I replaced the passenger side slide motor. When bringing the slide in it will come flush to the rv, however when driving the slide will come out 2 inches, no more and no less. When stopped i bring the slide back in but once we go down the road it comes back out. Anyone heard of this? The installing service shop has no idea how to resolve?
Irishsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 09:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishsky View Post
I replaced the passenger side slide motor. When bringing the slide in it will come flush to the rv, however when driving the slide will come out 2 inches, no more and no less. When stopped i bring the slide back in but once we go down the road it comes back out. Anyone heard of this? The installing service shop has no idea how to resolve?
What year and model Discovery do you have? Is the room slide electric motor driven or hydraulicly activated? What brand room slide mechanism does your room have that moves it? If Power Gear, they have a good web site with all kinds of information including troubleshooting.
Old 07-09-2022, 11:59 AM   #9

the rv is a 2006 and the motor is electric. It is a power gear so i will have a look. thank you
Old 07-09-2022, 12:16 PM   #10

2006 Discovery? THat would be the same as mine!
The motor is supposed to have a internal break that stops the slide from moving out. Best guess is it will need to be adjusted. Here are a few PDF files showing the motor replacement etc.. Maybe one of them will have something that will help you.Slide Motor Replacement Procedure.pdf

PowerGear Sliding Room.pdf
Old 07-09-2022, 12:20 PM   #11

I also have a service manual pdf, but the file size it too large to post here. I would have to send it email.
Old 07-09-2022, 02:39 PM   #12

awesome. Thank you for your help. I will be contacting my technician on Monday. My e mail is irish9188@gmail.com.
Old 07-09-2022, 05:56 PM   #13

I sent the file. Good luck!
Old 07-10-2022, 07:29 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennydiver View Post
Thank You

Still no resolution but have another man looking at it

Tags
cover, discovery, slide