Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2014, 11:40 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Discovery 40E-Input please on my ideas

1. In the utility bay there is a kitchen sprayer they call an outside shower. Was thinking of replacing it with a shower setup like in the bathroom because the one they have is not really long enough for anything but washing the utility bay. Would like to be able to hose off feet and scrub the mutt (after he's rolled in the dirt).

2. In the basement I use those large self adhesive hooks, but they don't hold very well. Was thinking of drilling a pilot hole, then using a woodscrew to hold them in place?

3. Inside there is a display that has acrylic (2) bottle wine holder, glass holder and a couple of small shelves. Would anybody know a shop that can make proper tiered shelving to use this area as a booze bar?

4. The unit has the factory KVH antenna, any improvements to this one? Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2014, 07:05 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
1. On another thread, someone replaced the outdoor shower with a hose spigot with the object to use it as a feed to his power washer for cleaning the rig. Was very happy with the result. A short hose would enable you to meet your objective and add flexibility. I hope to make that modification myself someday.

2. Elsewhere I've read about people using rivets on basement walls. I'd be leery of screws. I need to address this issue as well and hope to read other solutions here.

3. Any good cabinet maker should be able to build an attractive matching shelf unit.

4. We replaced the KVH with the Winegard Trav'ler 3 months ago. It rises up for use (no dome), and lies flat, lower than the A/C units, for travel. Love the change, and DISH has been great about changing our "home" address so we can get local stations. Since the install we've traveled 4000 miles and 10 states. Only reception issue was corrected when we called in our new location. Of course, no reception while driving with it folded up...use the DVR to entertain those who don't watch the scenery!
Home base now in Kerrville TX
Al n Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:46 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
The KVH in our Discovery is history. I replaced it with the Winegard Trav'ler and gave the KVH to a friend for their 5th wheel. VERY happy with the change.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/wine...ml#post2215378
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 02:16 PM   #4

Easy fixes,

Hello Brian-Nicola,
These are easy questions really,

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian-nicola View Post
1. In the utility bay there is a kitchen sprayer they call an outside shower. Was thinking of replacing it with a shower setup like in the bathroom because the one they have is not really long enough for anything but washing the utility bay. Would like to be able to hose off feet and scrub the mutt (after he's rolled in the dirt).
2. In the basement I use those large self adhesive hooks, but they don't hold very well. Was thinking of drilling a pilot hole, then using a woodscrew to hold them in place?
3. Inside there is a display that has acrylic (2) bottle wine holder, glass holder and a couple of small shelves. Would anybody know a shop that can make proper tiered shelving to use this area as a booze bar?
4. The unit has the factory KVH antenna, any improvements to this one? Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!
A) Here you really only need a Brass thread convertor ring to do what Al &Cindy suggested or otherwise you could just buy a shower head and hose combo from Can. Tire and replace the existing one, or even switch them as needed!

B) I would (and do on my 2000 Eagle) use a screw like you say but use a round head sheet-metal screw which is basically what you are fastening it to. Careful you don't make the pilot hole to big or it will tear out!

C) I agree with Al & Cindy! And the Island is full of great craftsman!

D) The Wineguard is sort of top of the line I think from my research and the one I will eventually install but for now I'm worse of then you, I have a totally ruined KVH unit, So If you do make the Upgrade and want to donate the KVH very cheaply to a fellow BC, RV,er I would be very interested and very indebted to you. We are planning to go full time in about 1.5 to 2 years (the teachers strike may have ruined this by a year for us but it is what it is) and we have no dish money till then so

Best regards,
RVingdutchman.
RVingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:49 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Brian, I simply used a hose bard, couple of hose clamps, additional 3 ft of nylon reinforced hose and a barbed male hose connector. This way I can attach a 25 ft hose with spray head turn on the mixer and adjust yo our pups desired warmth, yes they are spoiled and wash on the awning side of the coach. Works great and little to no expense.
Our KVH works great? We use Dish Pay as you go. No issues except an occasional tree. There are dip switches in the dome that allows the change from Direct this way we get hi def.
Like others have suggested a good cabinet maker handily will help out.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote