Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2015, 06:35 PM   #1

Discovery full wall slide

I'm back with another issue from our new Discovery. DH opened all the storage doors yesterday to pull everything out to organize it. When he was through, the only door under the full wall slide on the driver's side that would close is the wet bay door. It was like the slide had settled. In order to close the doors, he had to remove each square piece that sticks out from the slide, shut the door, then put the piece back on. The doors worked fine at our walk-through the day before. That slide worried us Saturday because it screamed whenever it was taken out and retracted. We asked about it at the time and they told us that was normal, that it would take a few uses before it would have adequate lubrication. Of course, we have called the dealership and they are sending a tech out tomorrow to look at it, as well as fix the thermostat that blurs all the numbers and words. Any thoughts?
Fulltime and loving it!
lsw9658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2015, 07:27 PM   #2

I don't have the same size full wall slide on my Excursion, but when we did our pre delivery inspection the slide made all sorts of groaning sounds. I told the dealer to fix it or give us our deposit back. They fixed it.

Not sure about what's going on with your storage doors. That does not sound right.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:44 PM   #3

Not 100% sure of you door problem, but I can tell you of an issue that I have with our 2013 40E. When the full slide is out, all baggage doors will just barely clear slide bottom when opening. Sometimes I actually have to hold pressure up on bottom trim piece, so doors will clear. I've had dealership look at this 2 times over the 1st year and they said nothing could be done. I actually had a mobile repairman out once while in Florida and he noticed the problem right away. He said the slide need to be adjust up about 1/2 inch for better clearance. He also noticed that there was no upper adjustments left on brackets and bolts. He recommended that I take to factory and have them adjust, since it was never right from the beginning. He said they would need to add spacers. Don't know if this helps you any. I'm going to have mine taken care of next Spring.
rambler5860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:56 PM   #4

Good luck.

2013 FleetWood Expedition 38B
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:24 PM   #5

These replies are giving me good things to keep in mind when the tech comes tomorrow. I know the slide issue is not something he can fix on site, but we wanted them to see it. We suspect this could get complicated. Thanks for the help!
Fulltime and loving it!
Old 09-14-2015, 08:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler5860 View Post
Not 100% sure of you door problem, but I can tell you of an issue that I have with our 2013 40E. When the full slide is out, all baggage doors will just barely clear slide bottom when opening. Sometimes I actually have to hold pressure up on bottom trim piece, so doors will clear. I've had dealership look at this 2 times over the 1st year and they said nothing could be done. I actually had a mobile repairman out once while in Florida and he noticed the problem right away. He said the slide need to be adjust up about 1/2 inch for better clearance. He also noticed that there was no upper adjustments left on brackets and bolts. He recommended that I take to factory and have them adjust, since it was never right from the beginning. He said they would need to add spacers. Don't know if this helps you any. I'm going to have mine taken care of next Spring.
This sounds very similar to our problem and we said the same thing, that the slide needs to be adjusted upward. Unfortunately, most of those doors (and the things inside) are unusable to us until it is fixed. I actually told DH this morning that I was concerned that this may need to be a factory fix. Sigh...
Fulltime and loving it!
Old 09-14-2015, 09:36 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sorry to hear Jim,

Ours has never had an issue since we took delivery. No groans or moans and all bay doors open with the slide out. I would suspect lubrication and adjustment.
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:45 PM   #8

Is your slide fully open? The reason I ask is the last little bit picks up the bottom because the top hits first then the bottom which kicks the outside up.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:01 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Excellent point, forgot about that...
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:23 AM   #10

UPDATE...

The dealership sent a tech out Tuesday to check the slide issue and to fix other problems onsite. He did a great job, so now we have hot water in the shower, satellite TV and he replaced the faulty thermostat. They are picking the coach up Thursday to repair the slide (DH is out of town). The rollers had gone off the track, so they will fix it and sync up the three motors. So far, we are very pleased with their response! Many thanks for all the responses!
Fulltime and loving it!
Old 09-16-2015, 12:25 PM   #11

On my full wall, a door can be open when you open and close that slide and it will miss them by quite a few inches. I think there is an issue.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:50 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Simple solutions. The bay doors have a angle on top of the cutout to clear the covers over the slideout sq. rods. Carefully using a pair of wide welders plyiers, (Harbor Freight, <$10) put slightly more angle on the door cutouts. Or readjust the bay door brackets to make more clearance. Readjusting the slide out would be a major operation for a simple fix.
My sales/service dealer is 1100 miles away.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:36 PM   #13

After a day in the RV hospital, the slide is fixed, synced, etc, storage doors open properly, so I think we're good...for now. Thanks to everyone!
Fulltime and loving it!
Old 09-19-2015, 08:02 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Who was the dealer that did such a great job taking care of your issues? We often hear the bad stories but rarely the good.

Tags
slide