Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2017, 06:43 AM   #1

Discovery Headlights won't go off

Found another odd problem with my Discovery. When going down the highway, if I turn the headlights on, I cannot turn them back off without turning the coach occ and restarting it. When I turn the headlights on, the computer display on the dash goes from day to night mode, i.e. goes from dark characters on a white background to white characters on a dark background. The backup camera display also dims. When I turn the headlights back off, those displays do not revert to the daytime mode.

I'll be dropping the coach off for service next week so I'll have. Them look at that at the same time.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2017, 07:55 AM   #2

Hmm ...I always drive with lights on so I have not noticed. I will have to check it out to see if mine is the same.
trs80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:38 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I noticed that if I run the wipers (even for one swipe), the headlights activate and can't be turned off till the coach is turned off. No issue with activating them by switch manually, then turning them off. (other than the flickering dash lights..of course)
Old 07-20-2017, 07:46 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghbob View Post
...I noticed that if I run the wipers (even for one swipe), the headlights activate and can't be turned off till the coach is turned off...
That's a Freightliner ''feature.'' My coach is the same....I don't like it, I like to think I'm smart enough to turn my lights on/off when needed.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discovery, light, lights