Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2016, 08:25 AM   #1

Does anyone have the Pace Arrow LXE 38k?

Hi folks, I saw the 2017 Pace Arrow LXE 38k yesterday and showed my wife the video this morning. It's the only coach I've shown her that she asked to watch it twice. WOW!

For my wife that's a big deal and I've shown her enough coaches and brochures that she knows what she likes.

If you have one I'd really appreciate hearing what you think of it?

Thanks
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2016, 03:24 PM   #2

We have the 2017 pace arrow 38k and love it. This is our second coach. We bought a 2015 Thor challenger at the beginning of 2015 and after a year of nearly going deaf from the roar of the engine and the shaking and rattling, we decided to go with a DP. We looked at the Newmar and although their quality looks good, we didn't like any of the floor plans. We also looked at the Tiffins which are nice but most of them have the main tv to the side of the sofa and I already have a bad neck.

We love the king size bed and the bath and a half along with the general interior lay out. Regarding performance, I could have spend 50-75 grand more for more horse power and torque but the 340 hp is plenty good for me. I tow a 2016 ford forcus coming in around 2900 lbs so the torque is fine. If I was in a hurry to get somewhere I wouldn't drive an rv. I'll end with this, for the money, we thought it was the best coach for us.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:45 PM   #3

Hi Par Shooter and thanks so much for your input. We're sitting here watching the Barclays from Beth page and many would be happy to be a Par Shooter!

How's the coach with the slides in? Can you get to the 1/2 bath and kitchen area?
Old 08-27-2016, 08:44 PM   #4

I have been watching the same golf tournament. I can say for sure my forum name would be double bogie golfer if I played that course. As for access with the slides closed, it's not to bad and you can get to the half bath and kitchen. We have the booth dinette and the table slides in towards the wall for more room. Hopes this helps.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:01 AM   #5

Hello again Par Shooter,

They showed a warning sign on the Black Course of BethPage yesterday. It read like the black diamond sky run, Experts Only! Funny to see that on a golf course!

I'm confused when you said "booth dinette"? The 2017 brochure says U-shaped dinette, facing dinette and free standing dinette. So give it up Par Shooter, l'm offering you a mulligan here, which one is it?

If it's the U-shaped I'm glad to know the table moves inward!
Old 08-28-2016, 06:53 AM   #6

Here is a link to a thread about the Pace Arrow 38K from when it first came out. Remember the Expedition is now a Discovery.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/new-...ow-269312.html
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:50 AM   #7

Thanks Z3406, an interesting thread. Just when you think you know what you need to on the 340 HP Cummins you read something else again!
Old 08-28-2016, 10:28 AM   #8

Okay mulligan time. Yes it has a u-shape dinette. Also what is interesting is when My sales person sent me a photo of coach when it arrived at the dealership, I noticed it had a "v-ride" emblem glued on the side in front of the rear tires. I had not noticed that emblem on the 2016's. I googled what the v-ride meant and it is a heavier duty rear axel from frieghliner. I thought they just had an extra emblem and slapped it on. When I inspected the coach, I got underneath it and looked at the Rear axle and what I'll call the trailing arms (I'm not a mechanic but the arms connecting the rearend to the frame). We're in fact stamped with the words "v-ride". According the the freightliner wed site, the v-ride read axel is rated at 24000 lbs and a 10k towing rating. No one had informed me of the upgrade when I ordered in, including the fleetwood rep who wrote up the order. Just something to look for if you get the 2017.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:21 PM   #9

Par Shooter, how have you found the quality of the coach? Any slide issues etc? We are considering a 2016 to upgrade from our Palazzo. Thanks for any and all advice.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:25 PM   #10

Scott. We still love our 38k. The layout is great for the two of us. We have not had any slide issues. There is only one issue we are experiencing and that is excessive wind noise when driving above 55mph. It sounds like I'm driving in 30 mph winds when it's not windy. We have had it at the fleetwood repair center in riverside three times but they can't seem to find it. As a matter of fact , fleetwood sent down some of their techs from Oregon this time (it's currently there now) To try to fix it. Although it has spent some time in the repair shop, I can't be upset since fleetwood is trying to fix it and I don't have to wait weeks to get it in. This coach was an upgrade for us from a 2015 Thor chanllenger. The compairison of working with fleetwood customer service vs Thor is like night and day along with the difference in quality.

The only suggestion I have is to test drive the coach on the highway at decent speed to see if it has the wind noise. I know since I have experienced this issue, I have gone out and test driven two other 38k and they don't have the noise.

Good luck.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:13 AM   #11

Thanks for the info.. I'm concerned about towing capacity,as I'm seeing a GVWR of 32,400 and a GCWR of 33,000. 600 pounds difference? Am I missing a key point here?? Anyone have thoughts on this subject?
Old 03-19-2017, 07:00 AM   #12

Sometimes things are just too strange! Yesterday out of the blue, my wife asked me what coach did we look at with the U shaped dinette? She didn't remember when I told her the name, so I showed her a video of the coach on YouTube.

And now after I started this thread seven month ago, on the same day I showed my DW the video, another question is asked!!!

I'm sorry, but that's just weird!
Old 03-19-2017, 07:53 AM   #13

Hey Par_Shooter, You're happy with the general fit and finish, ride and handling?

Regarding the noise, I'm reminded a thread I read once where a guy was talking about a similar noise at speed. After checking out a number of things, almost by accident they found out the rubber around the generator was faulty. Once they were up to speed it would caused the noise.

They Never thought about it because the noise was up high! But once nothing else worked and they ran out of things to check. They decided to replaced the rubber around the generator and that did it! I don't remember if it was on a slide or not?

Hope this helps!

Harry
Old 03-19-2017, 08:53 AM   #14

Thanks Harry. One of the techs mentioned they were going to tape off the generator compartment to check that area. As far as the fit and finishes, we are very happy with it. I think it handles great and tows fine. Getting out of so. Cal I have to climb over the grapevine or Cajon pass which are pretty good climbs and I maintain a speed of 40-45 mph, towing. I do see the people driving over the same passes in their 40-42 foot DP with the 500 Hp engines going a lot faster but I didn't pay 300k for my coach either. At the slower speeds, I'll still get to my destination, just a little later.

When we ordered this coach, we looked at the Newmars and tiffins. Those coaches are very nice and appear to have good reputations but we liked the floor plan of the 38k. Plus for the price difference, I can walk around with cash in my pocket.

Tags
ace, pace arrow