Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2017, 05:47 AM   #15

I don't have a vacuflush but have loaned my wet dry VAC to a friend that said it worked well for clearing a block.
Just needs a good cleaning after... plastic bag in canister makes cleaning simple.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2017, 09:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by isneyDay View Post
Howdy,

New to forum and new class a owner.

Our 2018 Fleetwood Storm 36F has the dometic vacuflush system in it. It stopped working yesterday. Fleetwood, Dometic and my dealer all say the circuit breaker popped.
Fleetwood, Dometic and my dealer can't tell me where it is???
It's not on the main panel. I have looked everywhere for this thing and cannot find it.

This rookie could really use some help...

Thanks!

UPDATE:

Was indeed a clog (daughter or her friend) put (let's call it contraband) in it.
Turns out to have a "self-resetting" breaker so I can stop unscrewing everything.
It is clear and I can now have a seat on my throne.
Thanks neighbors for all your tips and advice.
I tried every one of them.

Cheers!
isneyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:54 AM   #17

I'm very pleased that you have the issue resolved. May I ask how you cleared the clog just in case.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:21 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
I'm very pleased that you have the issue resolved. May I ask how you cleared the clog just in case.

Yuppers,

Packed it up and drove to dealer...🤷*♂️
Old 07-26-2017, 02:03 PM   #19

Hi gang, I'm working on the vacuflush on a 2008 Bounder, 38P model. I have no lights on the panel in the bathroom. I found a breaker labeled "main power to vacuflush" and it's good. I can't find the pump nor a power switch.

Any help is appreciated.
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:30 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreen45 View Post
Hi gang, I'm working on the vacuflush on a 2008 Bounder, 38P model. I have no lights on the panel in the bathroom. I found a breaker labeled "main power to vacuflush" and it's good. I can't find the pump nor a power switch.

Any help is appreciated.

The pump for my storm was located above the second to last storage compartment passgr side, behind a metal plate with 8 self tapping star head screws.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:35 PM   #21

I found the on/off switch and turned it on. The red light came on, then went to green, back to red. There is vacuum when you flush but I can't get the green light on. The toilet is right over the left rear wheels. I've scoured it for an access panel to no avail.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:32 PM   #22

On my 2014 Bounder the Vacuum Generator was accessible thru a small panel located in the middle of the rear pass thru storage compartment. Don't know if that info will be useful to you or not but the unit sure was buried deep inside. Does your unit shut down or does the pump run constantly? If you have a red light on all the time and it doesn't pump that means the float switch in the black tank is sensing a full tank not allowing to pump to turn on. The vacuum switch is built into the vacuum tank part of the vacuum generator.
At least that's the way they are in my experience with the system 2014 and newer.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:24 PM   #23

I recently had a clog and a tech came out to the campground and cleared it. Now the vacuum pump runs when I turn on the switch in the bathroom but it never turns green. To me that is saying it's not building up a vacuum. I called the tech back and he said my pump valves had burned up but I don't buy that. I believe he either left a hose lose or put a crack in a hose. I'm taking it to a dealer next week and let him see if he can find the leak. Anyone have any suggestions before I take it in?, thanks.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:47 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1rider View Post
I recently had a clog and a tech came out to the campground and cleared it. Now the vacuum pump runs when I turn on the switch in the bathroom but it never turns green. To me that is saying it's not building up a vacuum. I called the tech back and he said my pump valves had burned up but I don't buy that. I believe he either left a hose lose or put a crack in a hose. I'm taking it to a dealer next week and let him see if he can find the leak. Anyone have any suggestions before I take it in?, thanks.

Have you ever changed the duckbill valves. Assuming you have the original duckbills on your 2012 coach, I would probably start with inspecting them. There are 4 of them. 2 on the pump inlet sid and 2 on the outlet side.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:29 AM   #25

When the switch is on, I hear an intermittent noise. It's hard to describe the sound but it's there.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:59 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajayabb View Post
Have you ever changed the duckbill valves. Assuming you have the original duckbills on your 2012 coach, I would probably start with inspecting them. There are 4 of them. 2 on the pump inlet sid and 2 on the outlet side.
I am the third owner and have no idea what has been done, probably the original valves. It was working fine before the clog. So the tech might have been right. I don't know if I can wiggle up in there to do this but I will take a look. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:44 AM   #27

I found the tank/pump assy. The noise I'm hearing is the pump. When you turn on the switch, the pump runs but I don't hear the vacuum pump running. I printed an alleged manual from Dometic but it doesn't show me components, schematics, etc.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:12 AM   #28

Here is one of my manuals. The troubleshooting section is pretty good. I suspect the eccentric set screw, bellows or the duck bill valves.
items 11, 14 and 16

Additional research on the low profile vacuum generator may be helpful to you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VacuFlush_Toilets_Owner_Manuel.pdf (460.5 KB, 165 views)

Tags
dometic