Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2012, 03:29 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
I wonder if she was even in the room when you typed that???????
Your right she was outside. But I did mean wife, honest.
US Navy Vet.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2012, 05:28 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Thank for all the info. I will keep you all posted after this Sat. after I take a look at her and see if she looks as good as lazy days RV is telling me she looks.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:33 PM   #17

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Quote:
Originally Posted by micki49 View Post
Thanks, that makes me feel a little better. It seems to be a nice MH.
Don't stop there; buy it and you will have thousands of friends with Bounders that can help you in bad times and celebrate with in good times.
2007 Saturn Vue RedLine
Old 08-31-2012, 05:57 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I compared Fleetwood to others

I crawled around inside several brands of of fifth wheel and found that the Fleetwoods were generally put together better than the others. Wires routed neatly and logically, appropriate bends and grommets, and things were laid out in ways that seemed to support serviceability.

We then bought a Bounder and I've been rather impressed with how 'solid' it is. Sure, we've had problems. But none I can attribute to Fleetwood's quality. As previously stated their customer service is pretty good.

You see lots of old Bounders still on the road.....
Old 09-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Keep in mind one of the primary purposes of this forum is to help each other with problems. So it stands to reason that you are going to see a lot of problems posted here. A MH is a house on a truck. Think of all the things that go wrong with a house and a car, that's a motorhome. What you don't see are all the miles and trips that were trouble free and a total joy . Maybe we need a thread for that. I'll start 10,000+ miles 90+ nights (yea I'm a newbe) in a Fleetwood Bounder with very minor issues .
Good luck on what you decide and when issues come up please let us help.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipshot View Post
What you don't see are all the miles and trips that were trouble free and a total joy . Maybe we need a thread for that. I'll start 10,000+ miles 90+ nights (yea I'm a newbe) in a Fleetwood Bounder with very minor issues .

Great Idea for a thread. Kind of like those work posters where they list the number of days accident free. Then the manufactures can use that info for their advertising.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Old 09-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
I'm a newbie too. Only 7300 miles and 40 nights in our 2004 with just minor issues during the first 1000 miles and trouble free for the rest so far!
Old 09-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Over the years we've owned 4 Fleetwood products:

1976 Prowler trailer, bought used in 1986
1995 Wilderness fifth wheel, bought new
2002 Triumph fifth wheel, bought new
2007 Bounder, bought new

Of the 4, the only one that I can say was a complete pile of fecal matter was the Triumph. The Prowler, after sitting in a storage lot for 4 years before we bought it, worked flawlessly. The Wilderness had minor "fit and finish" issues under warranty that were addressed by the dealer, and our current Bounder has been almost flawless.

After our experience with the Triumph we swore we'd never own another Fleetwood product, but happened to stumble on the Bounder at the right price and I would say it's the best RV we've ever owned.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Our Bounder is 10 months old and we have loved every mile. (We weren't thrilled when we locked ourselves out with the motor running, but that wasn't Fleetwood's fault. )
Old 09-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Our Bounder is 10 months old and we have loved every mile. (We weren't thrilled when we locked ourselves out with the motor running, but that wasn't Fleetwood's fault. )
Don't mean to hijack the thread but we keep a set of MH keys in the toad and a set of toad keys in the MH. The primary keys to both are in my pocket. Idiot Dog locked us out of the truck with engine running when we had the TT.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipshot View Post
Don't mean to hijack the thread but we keep a set of MH keys in the toad and a set of toad keys in the MH. The primary keys to both are in my pocket. Idiot Dog locked us out of the truck with engine running when we had the TT.
Oh believe me, it won't happen again.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #26

I currently own a 94 36' bounder DP with 115,000 miles. I hope to have that sold this weekend because we are going to buy a 2005 Bounder 38N in 2 weeks. The 36' sold us in the first 5 seconds. The layout was perfect and the price was right. We have used that for 4 years and now were upgrading. We looked at a bunch of RV, and again the 38N sold us. I would have to say that the RV's are well designed and very comfortable for extended stays. I don't think you can go wrong with a Bounder if the unit passes inspection (which is common advice for just about every RV). They are very functional and build solid.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #27

Send a message via Yahoo to chili's trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by micki49
After reading about all the bad things that you good people are saying about Fleetwood I don't know if I should buy the 2007 Bounder 38ft diesel that I am looking at. Is there anyone out there that has anything good to say about a Fleetwood Bounder????
Thanks for the info.
When I was looking for a good used class A and checking out Bounders I was impressed by the number of people looking for their 2nd or 3rd Bounders. A pretty good endorsment of brand! Good luck.
Jack H
Old 09-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #28

The older bounders kinda sucked (but they did sell a lot of them, so I have to give them that).Bounder's fit and finish and overall style was a little "blah". What you have to realize though is that Motorhomes are all made up of the same parts....Ford or Workhorse chassis, with the same fridges, stoves, A/C units etc as many other coaches. It's stupid things like floorplans, how storage compartments are hinged, how roofs are constructed/sealed that, and how sidewalls are put together that set each brand apart. With that said, the mechanics are all the same.

that aside, the newer ones are impressive looking machines.
Closed Thread

Tags
fleetwood