Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2006, 01:20 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Firefolk... <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">so had them reinstall the correct left mirror </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does this 'left side' mirror make enough difference? What does it do shift the mirror more forward? Can you give us a number for the 'left mirror'?
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2006, 12:18 PM   #16

WaOmqe, The left side mirror I refer to is the original mirror. My 2004 35G came with two Velvac model # 2025 mirrors. The mounting posts are offset so the Fleetwood rep thought that putting a passenger side mirror on the driver's side would make more of the mirror visable. It did make it so I could see the whole mirror, but when I drove it and made my first left turn it was obvious then that it created a large blind spot. So that is when I had them put the original mirror back on the driver's side. Velvac makes a mirror that moves forward and backward (Model Revolution), but only as a break away feature. It will not stay in the forward position which would help cure the problem of seeing all of the mirror. Hope this makes sense. Enjoyed seeing your solution to the glare created by the windshield on the side window. I tried tinting but still had the glare. Could you provide further info on the size of the plastic and did it come ready made? Great pictures and thanks for the good fix.
Firefolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:32 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Firefolk, <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Could you provide further info on the size of the plastic and did it come ready made? Great pictures and thanks for the good fix. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Give me a couple days and I'll get the snow cleared out so I can get to the motorhome and check the size of the plastic. Although the MH is under a large car-port, we have 4-foot snow drifts between the car port and the house. This last snow storm really dumped on us. Mostly wind caused drifts here in Colorado Springs, not so much accumulation, Denver was hit much more then we were.

The plastic I used came from one of those heavy black plastic 3-ring binders you can get at an Office Supply store. Get the big one for 11X14 sheets, NOT the smaller 8X11. I then cut it to the dimensions I'll get for you.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:53 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Well I got a path shoveled thru the snow and finally got inside the MH to measure the plastic. It's 10" X 18" which as you'll probably notice may not work on a 11X14 3-ring binder. It must have been a larger one. Although I'm not sure what next size there is. For some reason I had one of these large binders in the garage. It worked perfect because it's reasonably thick and doesn't flop around, yet you can bend it out of the way when closing the curtain, etc.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:28 PM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If they are Valvac mirrors they should be right and left. I would make them change the mirror to left hand. These mirrors run around $275.00 so getting it right may be a problem for the dealer.

Good luck

Ron
Deaop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:13 PM   #20

(WADMQE) Bob, hope you are still following this subject. I have been unable to find any type of binder similiar in size and appearance to what you have, so will try to fabricate one. Please tell me if it is screwed to the window frame and does it rest on the dash? I had a difficult time with the glare this past week while traveling highway l in Calif. Thanks again for your time and fix.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:45 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Firefolk... Any type of reasonably heavy (preferably black) plastic would do. I think the stuff I have is about 1/16 inch thick. I think I borrowed a binder from where I used to work. We would order them from places like the following web link. 11X17 Binders

Look closely and you can see the screws. If you notice in the one picture the yellow arrows mark the screws in the window frame. The top one is just showing the frame screw. Ignore the corner being cut out. The plastic piece I had was just that way. I just removed the ones you can see and drilled holes in the plastic. When I tightened them up this pulled the plastic into the recess of the frame which gave me the approximate angle I needed. It does not rest on the dash.

Hope this helps
Old 04-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #22

WAOMQE Bob, Thanks for the great pictures and the new information. I really appreciate your time and effort. I have found a smaller binder that I can use on a trial basis.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:17 AM   #23

I also have/had the "reflection" issue. I noticed it's only bad on mine when I have the drivers side window slid open, once I close the window(looking through one pane of glass now) the problem is much less.
Tim
timp is offline   Reply With Quote