Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2016, 10:33 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Early '16 Bounder 33C - Slide out sitting uneven when in, making marks

When I first picked up my bounder, there were marks on the floor in the rear of the coach and in the middle from the rollers of the large drivers side slide out. No marks in the front. After research, it seemed like other folks have had this problem, and it can be fixed with replacement of rollers with soft rollers under warranty, so I didn't think anything of it. I had the work done under warranty - replaced the rollers with soft rollers, and also had all of the tiles that were under the slide and damaged replaced.

Well, now that I have the coach home, I'm noticing that there are new marks in the rear from the rollers when the slide is in. Further, I'm seeing that the rear side of the slide out is sitting MUCH lower than the front. So much that the front rollers don't even touch the floor. At all! Ever! Also, if you look at the ends of the slide, in the front there is about 3/4" of space between the slide and the floor. In the back, there is NO SPACE between the slide end and the floor.

Are there any adjustments that can be made to the slide to change how it is sitting? Could this be part of a larger problem?

I've emailed my service mgr at my dealer, but they have not gotten back to me. I have to go back for more service this fall for a number of issues that they were unable to fix for one reason or another. Should I can the idea of going back to the dealer and try to get time at the factory service center? The closest dealer (where i get my service done) is about 8hrs from where I am currently, and Decateur is 11. Do you think I'll be able to transfer my current work Auth's from the dealer to the factory?

Man, this owning an RV stuff is HARD WORK!
Swan-Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2016, 10:56 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Bounder Factory Service

There is a new REV factory service center in Alvarado, TX. Go to the Fleetwood website for details. You can phone in and make an appointment or they will accept walk-ins but will only address a limited number of issues. This service center opened in January.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:19 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately the city in my profile is a bit mis-leading. My current "home base" for the next couple of months is up in the north east. I'll be passing through Texas early 2017, so if I still have issues, I'll be sure to check it out.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:37 AM   #4

Then Decatur is the place you want to stop at. It's the HQ and has a large service center and "campground". I just left last week.
The replaced my tiles and adjusted my slide. Now my slide is level with the main floor when out. Before it was 1.5 inches higher than the main floor when out. They didn't replace my rollers but instead gave me the pads to place down when the slide come in.
So, there must be adjustments there somewhere in the slide mechanism. I was out and about when they fixed that portion so I don't have any more specifics
Old 09-21-2016, 11:18 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Oh wow, mine sits high like that when it is out too, but I thought that was normal! I'll give them a call today! I assume this isn't something I can adjust myself?

Tags
bounder, slide, slide out