Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2022, 06:59 PM   #1

Electric Brake Controller wiring

I'm switching from my old broken Blue Ox Patriot and installing an Invisabrake. Install going well. I'm trying to connect a monitoring line to dash of motorhome. There is a Blue wire at trailer or tow plug on rear of coach that runs up to the dash for an electric brake controller. Any suggestion on where to locate or how to identify which wiring bundle I can locate that blue wire?
2005 Bounder Diesel on Freightliner chassis

05 37U Bounder Diesel
Buddy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2022, 07:12 PM   #2

If its like my Discovery on a Freightliner chassis, the wires are close to the steering column, and the plug is labeled. This is a picture of what mine looked like.

you might also find it tucked in behind the dashboard.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170215_140941 (Medium).jpg
Views:	20
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	372288   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160801_104109.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	259.0 KB
ID:	372289  

2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 10:38 AM   #3

Thanks, Bigd9, I found the bundle labeled Electric brake controller. Hahaha, No Blue wire.
All instructions I have seen said locate blue wire that runs from tow plug to dash. Found blue wire at tow plug and even connected a 12V jumper to test wires for power at bundle in dash. no luck. Will continue search!

05 37U Bounder Diesel
Old 07-30-2022, 12:33 PM   #4

I see the blue wire on pin # 4 at the back of the coach trailer plug. It's labeled Trailer Brakes. I would assume that wire goes up onto the plug under the dash. It could go to the Freightliner fuse box located under the up front center swing out console to a 30 amp fuse marked "TRLR BRAKE POWER 30 AMP" and then from that fuse go to the plug under the dash. Ck to make sure there is a fuse in that slot. THere has bound to be a connection between the rear trailer plug and the brake controller that is under the dash board.

Anyway, I'm running out of ideas. Good Luck nd please let us know if you find it.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 08:47 AM   #5

Bigd9, Thanks I finally found and have everything connected up. Found electric brake bundle but no blue wire.... Eventually discovered the somewhere / wire changed to a red wire. but all good.
Thanks for the help again

05 37U Bounder Diesel

Tags
brake, controller, electric, wiring