Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2021, 03:04 PM   #1

Electric gremlin

‘16 Bounder 35k, have an issue with slide electric receptacles not working, residential ref, outside TV, bedroom Tv, and under dash passenger side. Had mobile rV guy come out, replaced two breakers, one being the 50 amp dual, and original issue still present. Any and all suggestions appreciated! Air conditioners work, on board monitor shows both legs getting juice..
16bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2021, 04:09 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Typically this is a GFCI outlet being tripped. There is often a well camouflaged GFCI somewhere that has tripped and the other outlets are on the South side of that and stop working when the one GFCI trips.
GrantR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 04:47 PM   #3

Do you have an inverter in the rig ?

Everything you listed would run off one.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 05:00 PM   #4

GFCI in master bath working…can’t find another with a reset…
Old 11-26-2021, 05:28 PM   #5

If the issue is a breaker they replaced the wrong one IMO.
I am not convinced it is a breaker but if it is I would check the 4th one down and labeled "Inverter/Chgr Out"
Then I would also check the 2nd from the bottom labeled "Inverter/Chg In". This feeds the subpanel and the inverter. Also check the neutrals and grounds for all the circuits to make sure the connections are tight. I found a number of screws, nuts, bolts, etc. work themselves loose over a couple years of driving. I now check all mine once a year.

My guess is the inverter as all the circuits you list are running through the inverter. There is a breaker on the inverter. Also, is there 12v power to the inverter? That is needed for the 120v power to pass through if I recall correctly.
Old 11-26-2021, 06:01 PM   #6

Where on inverter would the breaker be?? I can’t seem to find anything other than reset button above the green light indicator. It is a magnum ms-2000.
Old 11-26-2021, 06:08 PM   #7

Throwing a FAULT - low battery! But they are showing 12.4 on monitor!!
Old 11-26-2021, 06:13 PM   #8

The hide the breakes on the side. It may just be a push button breaker with a 20 or 30 stamped on the end.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 09:22 AM   #9

Did a “hard reset” and Fault-low battery remains…would that have ANYTHING to do with ac receptacles not working on slide???
Old 11-29-2021, 09:23 AM   #10

We plugged into a 50 amp campground pedestal!!
Old 12-01-2021, 05:03 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16bounder View Post
We plugged into a 50 amp campground pedestal!!
Did this fix the issue?
Is the issue still present on a 30 A connection?
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 08:47 AM   #12

No, problem escalated. After talking to Magnum techs and walking me through several scenarios, changing out a Bussman fuse-throwing a fault of ac overload...seems something inside the inverter has shorted out. Think I am going to be in the market for a new one...but with the supply chain the way it is.....who knows when??????? And we live in it full time, so right now we limping along with extension cords to what "circuit" the inverter services.....
Old 12-10-2021, 12:16 PM   #13

Well, after trying everything "in my tool box", I finally broke down and got a knowledgeable tech who knows inverters. It has been taken out and will be 'rebuilt', seems the converter part's mother board is fried. He has me hooked up with AC and with my battery charger hooked up to battery bank we have DC as well. Hope to be back to normal next Friday.....
Old 12-12-2021, 08:51 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Did he guess as to what might have “ converter part's mother board is fried” this damage?
AlanTerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric