Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #1

Pond Piggies Club
Electrical Question

I have a 2008 Fleetwood Discovery DP model 40x. While in a campgroung on 50 amp shore power my electric will go out 2 3 or 4 times a day or night for a split second and then the Electric management system will reclycle and the Fridge will beep and say no AC ,until the recycle is complete then comes back on and all is good. I checked with other MH in the park and they have no problem. My manual says that any interruption in Elec Service will cause this but the park and other campers say they have no problem. I am at Carabelle Beach Campground in Florida. Any help will really be appreciated.....Thanks Chuck
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Try a different power stalk. Since other campers are having no issues, the problem might be with your stalk.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
Try a different power stalk. Since other campers are having no issues, the problem might be with your stalk.
Exactly what Cat320 said, I had a similar problem about a year ago and it came down to the 50amp receptical on the power post that I plugged into was loose and not making a good connection, I moved to another space and all was good
Old 03-22-2012, 05:54 AM   #4

Pond Piggies Club
Electrical EMS Question

I have a 2008 Fleetwood Discovery DP model 40x. While in a campgroung on 50 amp shore power my electric will go out 2 3 or 4 times a day or night for a split second and then the Electric management system will reclycle and the Fridge will beep and say no AC ,until the recycle is complete then comes back on and all is good. I checked with other MH in the park and they have no problem. My manual says that any interruption in Elec Service will cause this but the park and other campers say they have no problem. I am at Carabelle Beach Campground in Florida. Any help will really be appreciated.....Thanks Chuck
Old 03-22-2012, 06:16 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Chuck
I think the info you got on the FW forum was good. Did you have the pedestal checked out for a loose connection as was suggested?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:27 AM   #6

Pond Piggies Club
The pedastool was not the problem...moved to another site and same situation.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I think the info you got on the FW forum was good. Did you have the pedestal checked out for a loose connection as was suggested?
X2 good advice you could also try the 30AMP outlet and see what happens just as a test... Good luck and keep us posted, JIM
Old 03-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #8

Pond Piggies Club
The pedastool was not the problem...moved to another site and same situation.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #9
Community Administrator

This is going on in two forums( Fleetwood ) Maybe a mod can combine them. Anyway , Chuck, possibly the problem is with your power cord. What's the condition of it?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:48 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sounds like your changeover box. I would check all connections in the box. These are common for loose wires.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #11

Gulf Streamers Club
I would unplug from power, open transfer switch, check with tester make sure no power,then check it again...... make sure no one turns on genny and tighten all connections, sounds like loose wire.
2010 Harley Ultra Classic
racefn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #12

Pond Piggies Club
Plugged into 30 Amp ( as a test as suggested ) and it does not go out as it did on 50
amp......any thoughts on why ?? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #13

Pond Piggies Club
Where is my change over box or transfer switch located on my MH. I thought the transfer switch was only in play when switching from shore to generator and back. Why would it come into play when only on shore power.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
This does sound like an old pedestal receptacle problem...worn out and quite possibly, at that location, corroded. Had this happen in a CG in TN. It took three different sites to get good 50 A power that didn't interrupt the surge protector. Some of these older CGs are a power mess. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical