Here I go...
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 35E (diesel, not that it matters, I think...)
It started with the microwave not working during our last trip in the Northeast (Maine). So, we tested the microwave with an extension cord and it worked! Awesome. I posted a question on IRV2 and was told that I should test the breaker to make sure it is working. I did not know how to do that, so when I got home, I got a friend to walk me through it over the phone and the breaker was fine.
While testing the breakers, (he had me test them all while I was there) and my friend noticed that the two bottom breakers were tripped (these were labeled: INVERTER IN #1 (30AMP) and GEN PUR #1 (15AMP). He asked me to reset them and I did. They did not trip again, so I thought nothing of it.
The microwave outlet still does not work BUT NOW the house batteries are not charging from the post (our home 50amp post). We tested the post and it has power (even plugged in the surge protector and it checks out as well).
I have tried cutting both of the breakers off to see if the batteries charge and they do not. I have also tried turning one of and the other off and again, no progress. I am pulling out my hairs in frustration knowing I was the one that messed something up but I do not know what or how to fix it. :(
I have no clue what I am doing and while trying to fix one thing I might have messed something else.
When I turn the RV on, the batteries start to charge. The generator will not start because the batteries are too low. After the RV runs for a while, I can cut on the generator and everything seems to work (except for the microwave outlet).
Once I turn off the generator and the engine, the batteries start to drain even though we are connected to our home’s 50amp post.
NOTHING (AC or DC) is running even though we are plugged in to the post.
I looked (just looked) at the Surge protector ( Surge Guard model 40350RVC) and it has 2 red lights. When I googled, it said that that was “normal.”
I have no clue where to go from here. I am 99% sure that I am the one who is doing something wrong. Maybe need to run the generator until the batteries charge up enough?? I don’t know.
I am attaching a few photos that may help.
PLEASE, pretty PLEASE share your knowledge. Thank you in advance IRV2 family for sharing your wisdom and knowledge with us newbies.