Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2019, 08:36 AM   #1

Electronic Climate Control - Intellitec Front A/C

Still trying to locate problem with front A/C #1. The unit will run fine on shore power and will not run off generator, the the ECC thermostat control continues to shed power to the unit and will not start or run.

The Intellitec manual and block diagram shows an additional "Transfer Relay Delay PN#00-00331-00) for units with 5KW generators.

In systems using 5 KW generator sets, an additional change-over or transfer relay is used to transfer the load
of the larger A/C system (usually the front system) to the generator’s second output to utilize generator's full
output capability. In this situation the ECC load shedding features will remain unchanged, but the Current
Sensor will not measure the load current going to the larger (front) A/C system when the generator is running.
If the measured load currents through the current sensor continue to exceed 30 Amps with the smaller (rear)
A/C system shed, the ECC Control Module will shed the larger (front) A/C system to prevent over load of the
generator

Any idea where I can locate this Delay Relay? This relay may be the problem since it is the only additional relay in the system for the generator and last relay in the circuit for the generator power. Shore power bypasses this delay relay and the ECC control module seems to work fine on shore power.

Any help and advise is much appreciated..
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2019, 05:34 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyre View Post
Still trying to locate problem with front A/C #1. The unit will run fine on shore power and will not run off generator, the the ECC thermostat control continues to shed power to the unit and will not start or run.

The Intellitec manual and block diagram shows an additional "Transfer Relay Delay PN#00-00331-00) for units with 5KW generators.

In systems using 5 KW generator sets, an additional change-over or transfer relay is used to transfer the load
of the larger A/C system (usually the front system) to the generator’s second output to utilize generator's full
output capability. In this situation the ECC load shedding features will remain unchanged, but the Current
Sensor will not measure the load current going to the larger (front) A/C system when the generator is running.
If the measured load currents through the current sensor continue to exceed 30 Amps with the smaller (rear)
A/C system shed, the ECC Control Module will shed the larger (front) A/C system to prevent over load of the
generator

Any idea where I can locate this Delay Relay? This relay may be the problem since it is the only additional relay in the system for the generator and last relay in the circuit for the generator power. Shore power bypasses this delay relay and the ECC control module seems to work fine on shore power.

Any help and advise is much appreciated..

Trip breaker on the genny?
Old 07-12-2019, 09:16 AM   #3

I have already checked the generator breakers and good.. The AC has 120VAC and fan will run, compressor will not start due to ECC "Shed". I have looked through all wiring diagrams and do not see this relay.

Seems to me this would be a common problem that others would have also experienced.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:27 AM   #4

Quote:
I have already checked the generator breakers and good.. The AC has 120VAC and fan will run, compressor will not start due to ECC "Shed". I have looked through all wiring diagrams and do not see this relay.

Seems to me this would be a common problem that others would have also experienced.
I spoke with a tech for Intellitec, this is a known issue and the fix is to have a load, however small going when you turn that on.
He suggested plugging in a night lite or something similar.
i just turn on my TV for a moment, sounds goofy but it did work.
randyxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:16 PM   #5

Thanks for suggestion, I will give it a try when I get back home...
Old 07-27-2019, 01:35 PM   #6

I found mine next to my transfer switch behind breaker box. My motor home is not the same as your although it is Fleetwood.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:18 PM   #7

Randy,
Your suggestion worked! I just turn on the low fan for AC2 and then AC1 with generator running, no shed of power when compressor relay engages.
Thanks very much...hope it also helps others...
Gary
Old 08-01-2019, 10:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Randy,
Your suggestion worked! I just turn on the low fan for AC2 and then AC1 with generator running, no shed of power when compressor relay engages.
Thanks very much...hope it also helps others...
Gary
a rather dumb solution but glad I was able to help
randyxa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intellitec