RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2018, 04:05 PM   #1

Entry Door Interior Plastic Panel Replacement

I have a 2006 Fleetwood Discovery 39S and would like to replace the entry door interior plastic panel that has a couple of small cracks in it.

I took the panel off and there is a part label on it that says: Atwood Inner Panel W/Hole PW and the Atwood Part # is 5819-042576.

Has anyone every replaced their interior entry door panel?

Any assistance on where to find my replacement interior entry door panel would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
Mike R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2018, 04:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike R View Post
I have a 2006 Fleetwood Discovery 39S and would like to replace the entry door interior plastic panel that has a couple of small cracks in it.

I took the panel off and there is a part label on it that says: Atwood Inner Panel W/Hole PW and the Atwood Part # is 5819-042576.

Any assistance on where to find my replacement interior entry door panel would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
x2

Mines in rough shape also, most aged item in my coach :(
No Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:09 PM   #3
HRF

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

Thanks,

Mike
I have a 2007 Fleetwood Excursion with the same problem. Fleetwood had the inner panel in stock. Not cheap but no hassles and fits perfectly. I would give them a call.
HRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:10 PM   #4

HRF:

Appreciate your response about the replacement of my inner door skin. As I mentioned my coach is an 2006 Fleetwood Discovery 39S.

I know your post it 10 months old but how recent was the purchase of your replacement interior door skin. Wondering if your interior door skin is the same as mine?

My inner door skin is P/N 5819-042576 and says Atwood Inner Panel w/hole PW.

I checked with Fleetwood Parts a good year or so ago and they said they don't make the exact same interior door skin and the one they sell is not an exact replacement and requires modifications.

Appreciate your assistance.

Mike
Old 08-02-2019, 10:43 AM   #5

Entry Door plastic panel replacement

Quote:

Thanks,

Mike
Mike, I have a 2008 Fleetwood Discovery with similar cracks as you describe. Fleetwood was no help in replacement. How did you fix and where did you find the new panel?
Crbargabos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 11:28 PM   #6

FleetWood 39S Inner Door panel

I have a 2007 Fleetwood 39S with the same problem, have you had any luck tracking down the plastic panel?
Mark
Potrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 08:32 AM   #7

Mark,

Yes I did have luck and actually found the manufacture of the inner door panel. The company name is Challenger Door and there phone number is (574) 773-8163. All in with shipping my replacement cost was $303.52. The cost for the inner door panel was cheaper than Fleetwood the shipping cost was the killer.

The replacement inner door panel fit perfectly.

Regards,

Mike
Old 08-19-2019, 09:33 AM   #8

Sweet, thank you sir.
Mark
Potrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:41 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You might find threads on the Discovery Owners Assoc. (DOAI) panel useful.

There have been several threads in recent years both on replacing the inner door panel and on the repair & painting the old one. Some were earlier this year.
Home base now in Kerrville TX
Al n Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
interior, replacement, panel, door, replace, ace, entry door