RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2007, 03:41 PM   #1

Hi all

Been lurking for years and now I have a question? Just purchased a 08 southwind 32v on a wh-22. Since having the unit we have had 2 error code's on the jack's (power gear) which I have not been able to clear without taking the unit in to the local dealer. I've fallowed all the instructions per the Operators manual, yet no luck. The dealer's tech. unplugs the jacks and reset the one that has an error. Are any of Southwind owner's having jack error problems and if so, how are you dealing with them??? This is the first rig I've owned with power jack's and I'm not sure I like them!!! Is this normal??

Ron
wooffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2007, 03:41 PM   #2

Hi all

Been lurking for years and now I have a question? Just purchased a 08 southwind 32v on a wh-22. Since having the unit we have had 2 error code's on the jack's (power gear) which I have not been able to clear without taking the unit in to the local dealer. I've fallowed all the instructions per the Operators manual, yet no luck. The dealer's tech. unplugs the jacks and reset the one that has an error. Are any of Southwind owner's having jack error problems and if so, how are you dealing with them??? This is the first rig I've owned with power jack's and I'm not sure I like them!!! Is this normal??

Ron
Old 09-26-2007, 02:30 PM   #3

I have a '07 Fiesta with Power Gear jacks. They sent a notice about the jacks extending but not retracting. I took it to the dealer for warranty repairs and they did the jacks too. Well, now the automatic leveling doesn't work but they work manualy. Error code has every light flashing. The manual does not say how to reset. Will have them looked at again.
dirttoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:51 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Go to www.powergearus.com and click on tip sheets, then leveling, power gear, tip sheet's you might find something there to help you.

2001 Saturn SL2 - Toad
Switchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:49 AM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Wooffeer, welcome to iRV2.

I see we already have a couple of responses.

Keep us posted on the results.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:53 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Switchman, welcome to iRV2, and greetings from a retired Verizon DMS100 switchman.

Come back and visit us often.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:38 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Route 66, thanks, Air Force Air Guard (retired) is where I got my handle. Been working on Nortel MSL-100 since 1985, get my Verizon retirement in two years and than one more year we might go part-time fulltime.

Owen

2001 Saturn SL2 - Toad
Switchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:44 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Owen, I retired 5 years ago, and it has been great.

Also did 9 years in the Air Guard as an instrument tech on C130's.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:51 PM   #9

I believe there is a recall or bullitin on these jacks something about a short in the wiring to the level sensor...I test drove two
2007's and they both had jack issues I ended up buying a 2008...so far i have not had a issue with my jacks...
spicolli1864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:37 PM   #10

My dealer checked for recall right away and found none for this problem. The second error problem was corrected, again no cause was found. Have been using unit a few times now without addition error's, let's hope it remains that way!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 11:42 AM   #11

I have called PowerGear several times and even left two messages and still have not got to talk to a real person. What do I have to do to get help. I wish I would not have had them serviced. They worked fine before the dealer did the recall work.
dirttoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:01 PM   #12

hold all four buttons down at the same time. the jack buttons.
southwin32 is offline   Reply With Quote