Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2017, 08:39 AM   #1

Excursion/Pace Arrow "Improvements" Year to Year ?

I'm scanning for used up to new Fleetwood Excursions from 2013 on up to 2018 and cannot find any docs/comments/reviews regarding "improvements" (or what they think they've improved) or even "changes" year over year....cosmetic changes aside. Any links ?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2017, 05:43 PM   #2

Excursion/Pace Arrow "Improvements" Year to Year ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88keys View Post
I'm scanning for used up to new Fleetwood Excursions from 2013 on up to 2018 and cannot find any docs/comments/reviews regarding "improvements" (or what they think they've improved) or even "changes" year over year....cosmetic changes aside. Any links ?

Me too! So I did a crap load of research for the last 4 months on this exact subject. I bought a 2014 excursion 35B about 30 days ago. 9k miles. I'm still looking though, I think I want an expedition because they have 2 bathrooms and 3 slides. For example a 2015 expedition 38k

The excursions only have 2 slides. Which is fine. But I'd prefer 3. The excursion I got is a 2014 and there are some upgrades over the 2013 model. The 2013 excursions had 2 slides, but they were on opposite sides of the coach. That's a bad design if you ask me. Having them on both sides makes it easier to camp in tighter sites. You don't need a huge bubble on each side. Essentially, you can hug up close on the non-slide side and then have the room on the other side for both the slides to come out. So on my 2014 they put both the slides on the same side. Also in 2013 they didn't put an air chuck in the front left compartment. On my 2014 they added an air chuck from the compressor so whenever the engine is running, you have air there. So I have a hose in there and can use air tools, tire gauge/pump, etc. Very handy. Then in 2015 they added the outside TV and frameless windows. I don't care about an outside TV because one of my cargo holds comes with the connections for it, so all I'd have to do is get a $150 LED tv from Best Buy and I'm good to go. And the frameless windows are a downgrade if you ask me. They definitely look cooler but they are more prone to leaking behind the glass and they don't slide open left to right. So you can't really pass things from inside to outside very well.

Then in 2016 or 17 they changed the name to pace arrow. I believe they did this right around the time the REV group bought fleetwood. But no new features that I know of. The pace arrow 36U is cool and a great price point, and it has 2 bathrooms. But still only 2 slides. They discontinued the expedition name as well and changed that to "Discovery" . Both names (pace arrow & discovery) were both names they used previously and now they have brought them back.

So I'd like an expedition 38k or a discovery 38k. But the excursion 35B I have definitely works for now. The black interior is awesome. They discontinued that black interior color option in 2015. The "B" stands for the floor plan design. It has a 'bar top and bar stools' so I'm assuming that's what the B means. Any other questions please ask. I'm researching for hours every day still to narrow down what I want next. Fleetwood seems to be a good product. This is my first RV.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9436.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	583.8 KB
ID:	186803
repsolracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:53 PM   #3

Thanks for the excellent comparison tips.

imho the 35B has the most practical/natural living room layout/floor plan (it just makes sense where everything is located) but, for us it's just too long.

The 33D is the one we're looking hard at but the layout is a bit odd. A HUGE screen TV right beside the dinette ? all you're gonna see is pixels at that distance....would much rather have the TV hidden on motorized mount within the wall on the opposite side and a large window beside the dinette. We mostly don't watch TV anyway and we don't do tailgate parties so the outside TV ?...hmmm...don't know.

btw...I totally agree on the frame-less windows...mostly because of the significantly reduced air flow.

The only thing about having 2 slides opposite each other in the living area is the huge space that opens up....but, it wouldn't be a biggy for us either way.

We're hoping that Fleetwood has noticed the new Winnebago Horizon series and will start to introduce Euro design cabinetry as well as some of the clever storage compartments as an option in the next series of coaches.
Old 12-31-2017, 06:42 AM   #4

We bought our 2015 Excursion 33D new. We downsized from a 37ft triple slide National Tropical-Cal which we had for 11years, a wonderful and trouble free MH. We do not miss the “dance floor” that the opposing slides provided. The 33D is perfect for DH and myself. Interior storage is as much as the 37ft, and it had a lot. Basement storage is adequate. We watch little TV and when we do it is not sitting in the booth. Plenty of galley countertop which is important to us. Hate, hate, hate the frameless windows, but it is what it is.
Overall we really like the ‘lil guy’( that’s what DH calls it).
PM me if you have any more questions.
Sherry
kajunT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 09:52 AM   #5

Sherry, any details on the frameless windows that you can share ? I can imagine the reduced air flow, but, I've had no actual experience with them.
Our traditional framed windows are great for air but going over bumpy roads the dinette window rattles like it's going to fall right out.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:58 PM   #6

I dislike the frameless windows mainly because of lack of airflow. We are open window campers anytime it is possible. We brought our Excursion to Decatur rather than back to the dealer for warranty work four months after purchase. We had a rather long punch list, one of which was replacement of 6 of the 9 double pane frameless windows for seal failure.
Sherry
kajunT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Sherry, any details on the frameless windows that you can share ? I can imagine the reduced air flow, but, I've had no actual experience with them.
Our traditional framed windows are great for air but going over bumpy roads the dinette window rattles like it's going to fall right out.
plus frameless windows open "out" (from bottom to top) ... the standard windows slide side to side in order to open. I don't like the frameless either. The standard windows make it much easier to slide open the window to pass something out the window to someone outside at campsite.
repsolracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:59 AM   #8

Quote:
We bought a 2016 Excursion 33D new and a few changes over previous model years were a taller kitchen faucet and a better designed faucet in the bathroom. The TV over the dinette is usable but we will be upgrading it with an adjustable swivel mount. In 2017, when the name was changed to Pace Arrow they made a couple more changes like moving the Def tank to the drivers side which was a great idea for filling at truck stops. Also the bedroom and bathroom doors were changed from the six panel with frosted window to plain flat panel doors with no frosted windows. This is our 3rd RV and I am really happy with it except for the dashboard area squeaks which we had in for repair three times which improved it somewhat but not 100%. I can certainly live with it. Overall - great coach!
Paul57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, pace arrow