Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2014, 08:36 PM   #1

Question Excursion Problems

Hi Everyone...

New to the boards and am interested in hearing other excursion owners comments. We bought a new 2014 35B excursion two months ago and are now just trying everything out. So far a little disappointing...

Today found out the shower leaks like a sieve. There is a plastic runner under the shower door that deflects the water back into the shower and has about three inches broken off. I noticed others have had a similar problem and mention caulking issues.

The passenger power seat and footrest isn't working... it looks like it isn't getting any power

We have already had to fix the steps into the couch. The stopped working last week just needed lubrication.

Also a minor thing but a back up lite had to be replaced. We are trying not to be disillusioned about these items but it seems to us like a lot of broken things on a brand new rig that has not had it's first camping trip yet.
I'm wondering did we get a lemon..
roamer2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2014, 09:01 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Look under the passenger seat and make sure the wire connector is plugged in. Running my seat all the way forward pulled it out. Same symptoms. Later I put a tie wrap on the connection.
We owned a new 2012 Fleetwood Tioga. I had to take the shower door base apart and liberally apply caulk. There was maybe a teaspoon in there to start with.
If you are handy, just fix the easy stuff. Every new coach has stuff like this and the hassle of involving the dealer is just not worth it if you can do it yourself.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:09 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I'm sure you don't have a lemon. The shower leak, we had too, dealer fixed. These are houses that get bounced around, and has probably been sitting on the lot for awhile. A new coach almost always has several things that need fixed or tweeked. Right now our back ac isn't working - getting a replacement next week. We are very happy with our Excursion, just some things need to be fixed. It happens, unfortunately. Don't focus on the "problems" - instead just get it out there and enjoy.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:51 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I wouldn't worry. Sounds like you actually got a great coach as you have a very short list of minor problems.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:39 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
I agree with the others--you have a short list of very minor problems... All new coaches have issues, it's just part of the "joy" of buying new. I've done it twice now, and those things are disappointing for sure, but once you get the first year of active use behind you, you'll be in top spirits!

On your seat, also check the routing of those wires underneath. My driver's seat had one of the wires pinched completely in half--I had to reconnect and then re-route that wire so that it wasn't in the way of moving parts down there.

Enjoy your new coach!!
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #6

Thanks for all your replys.

We considered the idea about more caulking in the shower but think that adding all that caulking will start to look ugly in a few years. I'm afraid that is what my dealer will suggest so I am going to ask him about replacement on the broken deflector part as a first fix it.

Now as to the power seat or in our case no power seat.
Does anyone know where the fuse is located for the power passenger seat. Looked under dash and no luck.. Wires seem fine no breaks or crimps actually tested them with a voltage meter and the seat isn't getting power.

Another question: I keep seeing reference to heated seats.. in our paperwork... confused... Does the 35B have heated seats??

Old 06-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer2014 View Post
Thanks for all your replys.

We considered the idea about more caulking in the shower but think that adding all that caulking will start to look ugly in a few years. I'm afraid that is what my dealer will suggest so I am going to ask him about replacement on the broken deflector part as a first fix it.

Now as to the power seat or in our case no power seat.
Does anyone know where the fuse is located for the power passenger seat. Looked under dash and no luck.. Wires seem fine no breaks or crimps actually tested them with a voltage meter and the seat isn't getting power.

Another question: I keep seeing reference to heated seats.. in our paperwork... confused... Does the 35B have heated seats??

No, we don't have heated seats! My suggestion for a fuse location is to call Fleetwood Customer service and ask them where it may be. Their number is 800-322-8216. May ask them to switch you to a tech and maybe that tech can help walk you through the diagnosis.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:20 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Debbie offers good advice... Fleetwood cust. service is awesome.. (My seat fuses are in the center console of the dash, but I have a Discovery 40G, so diff. than yours...)
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:32 PM   #9

We got in touch with our dealer and he is ordering that part I mentioned earlier for the shower. He was familiar with it and has replaced it before and we also discussed caulking options. Said it could take 7-10 days for part to come in. So now I understand about op's comments about how long their rig can sit on a dealers lot. If parts take long to come in and are ordered only after the tech gets to look and diagnos we could be looking at a 4 week project. So far I can circumvent this since I diagnosed, dealer confirmed and I will fix after he gets the part.
He also had some ideas on where the fuse is (back by the batteries) so I will check this out in the next day or so and see how it goes. So I am 100% on board with other's comments about fixing little things yourself if you can. It just goes quicker. Silly me I thought I was hanging up my Mr Fix It hat when I retired and started roaming the road.....
Old 06-18-2014, 05:56 PM   #10

I also had shower leak issues with my 2014 35B and the seal on the bottom of the door was torn. The seal was initially replaced and when the second seal tore I looked closer and saw the gap at the top of the door was not even resulting in the door not being square in the opening. This is the cause of the seal tear. They had to remove the shower stall and reset it square. After this they had to go back and put more sealant on the enclosure but I now have a shower that does not leak.

Overall I am happy with the 35B after the first few bug fix sessions at Camping World. his layout fits our needs nicely, gets great mileage, drives and handles well and is not too big or small.
InfreqFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:14 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
X2. I'm happy with ours as well.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:31 PM   #12

We now have a power seat that is working. It was a fuse that had tripped and had to be reset.
Still working on the shower issue. Hope it does not come to the op's comment about not being square and having to be torn out and redone. Just a quick look at the door levelness does not indicate that is the case but will reserve comment until it is fixed and tested.
Debbie, I am sorry to hear about your ac problem. Glad you got it resolved.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:56 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer2014 View Post
We now have a power seat that is working. It was a fuse that had tripped and had to be reset.
Still working on the shower issue. Hope it does not come to the op's comment about not being square and having to be torn out and redone. Just a quick look at the door levelness does not indicate that is the case but will reserve comment until it is fixed and tested.
Debbie, I am sorry to hear about your ac problem. Glad you got it resolved.
Glad you got the seat to work ... I don't think the shower problem is going to be a big deal. Like I said earlier, we had water leaking out of the bottom as well (not a lot, but enough to notice). I'm not sure what the dealership did, but they fixed it. Said it was a easy fix ... so, hopefully that will be the case with yours.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:04 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Relax, first new rig? We have had 5 new ones and the more you pay the more issues. Our newest one has at least one problem every time we use it. Most not the problem of the coach builder. The good news is that I don't stress much, after I attempt to fix it and if it doesn't work out, I know I have warranty. A new coach is still worth the growing pains over buying used.... justy opinion of course. Have fun, and remember you will by another (new) one!