Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2021, 09:21 PM   #1
CCW

Expedition Storage Doors

When pulling out of a tight pull-through, I did not notice a low rock lining the exit on the passenger side. Needless to say, I scraped the rock damaging the first two storage doors and cracking the LP side pipe. The pipe will have to be replaced. Just cant use any LP until done. The two doors are aluminum with scratches and a small tear. Of course this has depressed me but I figure its bound to happen.
My question is should I take them off and head to a body shop or purchase replacement doors from Fleetwood? Im thinking they can be sanded, touched up and shaped. Anyone done this or am I the first?
(The hard part is the day prior, my windshield was cracked driving down I-70 west of Vail when a car hit a chunk of wood debris flinging it in the air and striking my windshield right at my head level. Good thing the glass is so strong or I may have been injured.)
Thanks,
CCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2021, 08:29 AM   #2

On a different brand motor home, I had to replace all the bun doors because the manufacturer used steel screws in the aluminum frame of the doors. All were coming apart due to galvanic corrosion. It was about 2004 and I dont remember the cost.

I have one door damaged on the bottom edge and up about 5 inches on the edge. I am seriously considering installing 6 inch high stainless steel trim all the way around. No screws. Held by adhesive. Cost is less than door repair.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 09:53 PM   #3
CCW

Interesting idea. Where can This be purchased? Do you have a brand name?
Thanks
Old 07-25-2021, 02:08 AM   #4

Ill see if I have the info I picked up from the vendor at FMCAs convention in Gillette.
Old 07-26-2021, 09:04 AM   #5
CCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboyer View Post
Ill see if I have the info I picked up from the vendor at FMCAs convention in Gillette.

I appreciate the information. Thank you
Old 08-04-2021, 05:40 AM   #6

Summit Products.
Web site: www.summit-products.com
Phone: 515-252-0435

Site is somewhat difficult to find specific items. But they make stainless trim that glues on. They have several different heights of trim. I think 6 high will cover my damage. The trim to go around wheel wells is very pricey.

I did ask about measuring, and the answer was to measure the width of the door exactly. I think there us a guide on the website on how to measure.

Sorry for the long delay to respond.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:03 AM   #7
CCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboyer View Post
Summit Products.
Web site: www.summit-products.com
Phone: 515-252-0435

Site is somewhat difficult to find specific items. But they make stainless trim that glues on. They have several different heights of trim. I think 6 high will cover my damage. The trim to go around wheel wells is very pricey.

I did ask about measuring, and the answer was to measure the width of the door exactly. I think there us a guide on the website on how to measure.

Sorry for the long delay to respond.

I appreciate your assistance. Best Regards!

Tags
door, doors, storage