RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2018, 02:07 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jthigh View Post
Fascinated or Frustrated. From what I hear your situation is not all that uncommon from any manufacturer unfortunately. I think you will find that once the bugs are worked out it will give you several years of good service.
Sure hope so. Youíd figure bugs would be gone by 2 years and 8,000 miles.

LOL. Just found another project. In the bedroom cabinet that is built to put a washer dryer in we found while we were putting things away the whole drawer/hanger deal is laying at the bottom of the cabinet. Didnít have anything on it. Iím not looking at it till tomorrow.
Bob1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2018, 12:14 PM   #16

And if I recall Bob1340 purchased it used. The previous owner did some "work" on it. So at that point one has to question how much is previous owner related and how much is REV/Fleetwood related.
Oh, and if you read through my posts I had my fair share of issues with Fleetwood quality (or lack there of). But never had an issue with their customer service or help when I asked for it.
As to manuals, I researched mine and downloaded all the documents I could find from the manufacturer websites before I hit the road full time over a year ago.
Like SarahW I don't have the issues Bob1340 seems to be having. I also live FT in mine so it goes through a lot more use than many and is holding up quite well.
Old 08-18-2018, 01:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
And if I recall Bob1340 purchased it used. The previous owner did some "work" on it. So at that point one has to question how much is previous owner related and how much is REV/Fleetwood related.
Oh, and if you read through my posts I had my fair share of issues with Fleetwood quality (or lack there of). But never had an issue with their customer service or help when I asked for it.
As to manuals, I researched mine and downloaded all the documents I could find from the manufacturer websites before I hit the road full time over a year ago.
Like SarahW I don't have the issues Bob1340 seems to be having. I also live FT in mine so it goes through a lot more use than many and is holding up quite well.
Ditto here with collecting manuals. I need to call LCI as that who I presume built my bedroom slide stuff. I canít find much on there website but possibly they can look at what they sell to Fleetwood and let me know what is what. I think they have a couple different types of above floor units for different applications etc.
the clothes hanger thing falling out was no big deal as we are changing up the closet anyway.
Old 08-18-2018, 01:10 PM   #18

And just FYI. It’s gonna be 100 today. But last night it really cooled down. But the smoke! I mean smoke. We’re in Redding CA as my sone lives here. Where we are camping (Premier RV). Is very nice place. I recommend it. That Carr fire is pretty far away now but smells really close!
Old 08-18-2018, 01:14 PM   #19

And regardless of my complaining rants I absolutely love this 35!K. I love my wife but once in a while she needs some complains rendered her way. She needs the oil changed once in a while. I’ll keep her. And I’ll keep this Bounder until it likes me. LOL
Old 08-18-2018, 06:17 PM   #20

i removed the hanger rack from the closet. It had 3 different screws in it so it’s fallen off before.

Our third radio in the outside tv bay gave up the ghost. I’ll get my own next time. I know the dealer would send another one buy why bother. All three radios were different but had the same wiring harness.

Looks like the toilet in the rear bath may have a leak. But being the vacuflush ain’t going nutz it may be a grandkid with poor aim.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:09 AM   #21

Bob
The outside radio issue is most likely due to water getting in that compartment and getting on and killing the radio. Very carefully check the perimeter of the radio compartment looking for gaps in the caulking. It took me 3 tries before I finally sealed all the leaks with some clear silicone. Another trick, That small ledge under the tv is the perfect place for water to collect and infiltrate the radio. I make a small protective flap out of carboard and duct tape to fit over the space where the radio fits and behind the shelf just to make sure any water that did find it's way onto that shelf doesn't get into the radio.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 11:18 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Bob
The outside radio issue is most likely due to water getting in that compartment and getting on and killing the radio. Very carefully check the perimeter of the radio compartment looking for gaps in the caulking. It took me 3 tries before I finally sealed all the leaks with some clear silicone. Another trick, That small ledge under the tv is the perfect place for water to collect and infiltrate the radio. I make a small protective flap out of carboard and duct tape to fit over the space where the radio fits and behind the shelf just to make sure any water that did find it's way onto that shelf doesn't get into the radio.
Since Iíve owned it the only water itís had on it was during washing. I checked that tv door then and itís never leaked.
Old 08-19-2018, 11:22 AM   #23

Okay another day on the trip and so far today’s score is: A towel rack fell off the rear bathroom door. Looks like it was screwed into the paneling.
Rear toilet now leaks if anyone sits on it. Flushed fine but nobody can sit on it. Male only! LOL.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:49 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1340 View Post
Looks like the toilet in the rear bath may have a leak. But being the vacuflush ainít going nutz it may be a grandkid with poor aim.
Our rear bath in our 35K has leaked on and off. The 4th nut (behind the foot valve) wasn't tightened - hard to get to, probably why it wasn't tight. You have to remove the plastic shroud to get to it. Then the band clamp around the center seal was loose. I've had to tighten that a couple of times. Used to be a flood, sometimes the band clamp needs a little tighten up if the whole thing feels loose and leaks. Don't over tighten. I just keep the shroud in the cupboard in case I need to make an adjustment.

REV has been great for support by phone, and also by email. They tell me either the make and model of the component, or send me a PDF of wiring or whatever. Huge help on the side of the road!!!

We have an appointment at the Coburg center in August. Not bothering with dealer service.
Bigfoot_ is offline   Reply With Quote