RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2017, 11:58 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
I finally had a chance to call the Firefly folks today to ask about the failure we had a few weeks ago. Although the tech was very helpful, he seemed stumped - he said that a power cycle will normally clear up any issues the system encounters. He suggested that I pull off the LCD panel and check the wire connections - he thinks there may be something loose. I'll check that tonight and report back on what I find.
anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2017, 09:39 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Just a quick update to close the loop on this - I pried the touch panel off the wall and pressed on the connector. There was an audible click as it snapped into place. The Firefly tech may have been right about the loose connection.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:26 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghbob View Post
checked ours today and couldn't find a knob anywhere either. Only switch on unit for comfort, eco mode and off.
We have the LXE 40D but i believe the bathroom layout is the same as the 40G. The knob for our Truma system is under the vanity sink on the left sidewall in the rear bathroom.

2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D
tscarps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:01 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tscarps View Post
We have the LXE 40D but i believe the bathroom layout is the same as the 40G. The knob for our Truma system is under the vanity sink on the left sidewall in the rear bathroom.
I checked all through the bathroom in our 40G and I don't see a knob anywhere. Any other 40G owners know of a control knob for the Truma?
Old 06-17-2017, 09:53 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by anav8or View Post
I checked all through the bathroom in our 40G and I don't see a knob anywhere. Any other 40G owners know of a control knob for the Truma?
From my understanding when I visited the Fleetwood repair in Texas that the knob was added the Discovery in January 2017 builds. The addition allows the owner to use decalcification tablets. If you don't have the switch that has the clean mode in the back bathroom when the hot water flow decreases you have to bring to a dealer and they have device they hook up for decalcification. I have not talk to dealer that had clue what I was talking about so good luck with that.

April 28th 2017 the reps at the factory repair in Dallas said mine was the first one they had every seen and they didn't know about the tablets.
CWSWine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 03:41 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
From my understanding when I visited the Fleetwood repair in Texas that the knob was added the Discovery in January 2017 builds. The addition allows the owner to use decalcification tablets. If you don't have the switch that has the clean mode in the back bathroom when the hot water flow decreases you have to bring to a dealer and they have device they hook up for decalcification. I have not talk to dealer that had clue what I was talking about so good luck with that.

April 28th 2017 the reps at the factory repair in Dallas said mine was the first one they had every seen and they didn't know about the tablets.
Ahhh, ok. Ours came off the line in Sept 2016 according to the sticker, so that explains it. Sucks that we can't do the decalcification process ourselves - I wonder if it would be possible to add the missing control after the fact.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:22 PM   #21

Here's my story, it's sad but true,
About hot water that I once knew.
We took a trip then low and behold,
We took a shower and water was COLD!!!

I got the schematics from Fleetwood Tech Support and some wire colors didn't match existing panel AND a fuse block they claim to be under dash does NOT exist!
I have tested EVERY fuse with power, in all three panels, and found none blown. Tech support had no more input
Being the mechanic/engineer/miracle worker, et al, I tied in to the power supply for the furnace, (which is located behind louvered panel next to Mama’s throne.)!
We now have HOT WATER until said system can be properly diagnosed…or SOMEBODY can tell me where the power supply/fuse is for this TRUMA!!!!

BTW, our step cover and UHF antenna have no power...another day!!

DC OUT
Musicandcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:56 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghbob View Post
checked ours today and couldn't find a knob anywhere either. Only switch on unit for comfort, eco mode and off.
Early Trumas did not have the rotary knob. There is a serial number cutoff between the first edition and the later improved Truma. With the first edition, you have to take your rig to Truma or a RV dealer, who has the necessary equipment, to de-scale the Truma annually. First edition owners can order the upgrade kit and installed it yourself. Not sure of the upgrade cost.
paddler1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 05:01 PM   #23

Just a note about the switches, such as the one in the rear bath. When we had the 40D, one day in the winter type temperatures, I walked through the bed room, thoughtlessly sliding my hand along the bedding and got a big static zap, that fried the switch, as soon as my finger approached the firefly switch. They are electronic switches and can't tolerate static charges. A new switch is around $125 for the bathroom.

When I took the switch apart, I found that there are two switches under each push button on the surface of the switch. one switch is under the top outside corner of the push button, the other is under the bottom outside corner of the pushbutton. When I zapped the switch, it was only the circuit that controlled all six top switches, all six switches under the bottom corners still worked. So with the old switch, everything would still work if you only pushed on the lower outside corner of the pushbuttons.

Tags
cover, fire, discovery