Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
First Negative, RE Owning a Fleetwood

DW's side of the Sleep Number bed installed in our Excursion settles during the night.

She doesn't like that.

So, she called Sleep Number. After all, every Sleep Number bed supposedly carries with it a lifetime warranty. The technician was generous with her time, and led DW through some basic diagnostics. When it came time to look at the bladder, the two were confounded: unlike every other Sleep Number mattress in the world, those made for Fleetwood have no zipper to grant access to the interior. On the basis of that, the Sleep Number rep suggested we might have better luck routing our inquiry through Fleetwood.

DW called Fleetwood, and the representative asked for the year of the rig. "2005," replied DW. "Well, it's out of warranty. Take it to a dealer and they will help you figure out what to do."

That was it. No further suggestions were given, no hints on how to diagnose or correct the problem. Adios, muchacha.

DW, who'd just laid the "Circle Your Wagons" Fleetwood 2011 Rally brochure on my vanity, came away with such a bad taste in her mouth, I don't think I could drag her there with a team of horses.

Worse, SHE is the one currently bus-shopping; I'd venture to say Fleetwood has dropped among her roster of candidates.

Has anyone else also received a frigid reception from Fleetwood?
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #2

Mine also came with a sleep number and if it dies there is no way I would replace it with another one. How do you tell if it is the bladder or the pump.valve leaking? You would thing sleep number would help they made it.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
When we were looking for a newer RV just a few months ago, I was all excited about the possibility of owning one with a sleep number bed. In fact, all but one of our finalists had that type of bed. We finally decided on the Revolution without it and initially I was disappointed that we did not have one, but now I am glad that we have the regular old mattress...

I hope that you can get this fixed or replace it with minimal hassle.

Faith
fansill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #4

The sleep number comes with two plugs. If you think its leaking you put the plugs on the tube. If it goes down its the bladder if it doesn't its the motor.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:00 PM   #5

Perry is a 100% correct. Find those little white plugs. If not it is easy to plug that inlet to the bladder with anything that is tight. Take the sleep number up to a little above where the DW normally has it and diconnect the plastic input hose and plug it and then see what happens. I have had a Sleep Number bed for 15 years and would never sleep on anything else. I just don't see what can ever fail in a bladder especially that new. They are heavy rubber impregnated with canvas. The only thing that has ever failed on mine is the airpump and they gave me a new one.

I would call Sleep Number back up and talk to somebody else or maybe a supervisor. They can always ship you a whole new bed. They made it not Fleetwood.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:36 AM   #6

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNeophytes2 View Post
Has anyone else also received a frigid reception from Fleetwood?
I'm afraid the "New Fleetwood" wil not provide much help for all of us "Old Fleetwood" owners. I bought my 2005 PA used and evidently was the first to discover that FW installed the wrong awning at the factory. When I called them to ask for help in replacing it I was informed that my unit was out of warranty and there was nothing FW was willing to do to help me. This was after the customer service rep admitted they installed the wrong awning in 2005.

FW does appear to be providing good customer service on all new models.
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
If sleep number has a lifetime warranty it doesn't matter where it's installed, go higher on the food chain to get help if you have to. Have you checked the paper work that came with the coach? The warranty would be in it. Good luck
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:04 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
If you can't find the plugs go to any store that sells Sleep Number beds and they will give you some for free. Never did figure out what was causing mine to go down, after removing the lines to test and re installing it never deflated again. On mine the factory had me swap the lines for the controls. If the problem followed the line the problem would be in the pump. If it stayed on the same side of the bed the problem would be in the bladder. My dealer also suggested a little Vaseline on the connectors before plugging them back in.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I think you should take another look for the zipper, it is usually located on the left side top side about a foot or two from the corner. I own two sleep number beds, one in the RV and liked it so much i bought one for the home.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Our Sleep Number Mattress started leaking on DW's side. We called SN and they told us to either plug the side or swap the lines to determine if the leak was in the pump or the mattress. We had to swap the lines as we didn't get any plugs. It was the mattress, I called them back and they said a new mattress, prorated, would be $60.00 with shipping.
I don't know about a 'lifetime' warranty, I think it may have been our fault anyway, we both sleep with it as hard as it will go, (100). We went across some high mountain passes and then dropped back down quickly so that may have stressed a seam or something.
We like it a lot and have no complaints, and believe me, we enjoy it!
mikenmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

There is no lifetime warranty - it is 20 years. See the SN warranty statement here:

Warranty

Few RV manufacturers spend time on rigs that are out of warranty. American Coach does (a division of Fleetwood), and so does Tiffin.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:38 PM   #12

Not only do we have a sleep by numbers bed in our coach, we had one in our bedroom in our house before we bought the coach.
We got our first SN bed in 2004, soon after that we put one in our Lance camper.

Point being, it's a "comfort" thing, the bed is not for everyone.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:51 PM   #13

Sleep Number warranty is ONLY for the first owner. Our 2007 air mattress on one side started leaking thru the fabric and the only thing Sleep Number would do is offer to sell us a new bladder for $149. No trouble shooting, no access to trouble shooting on their web site, nothing. The only way I could get plugs at the sleep number store was to specifically ask if I could have the plugs and the salesman grudgingly gave me two.

I'll never buy another Sleep Number. Their customer service is horrible.
bucks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:35 AM   #14

Hello RVNeophytes2, My name is Catherine and I work for Sleep Number’s online customer service team. I saw your post and I would be happy to help you with your mattress. Send us an email at customerservice@selectcomfort.com with a detailed description of the issue, your address at the time of purchase and the name the RV was purchased under, or give us a call at

1-888-411-2240. If you are able to include a picture of the foot of the mattress containing the model number, that would be helpful as well.

Hope to hear from you soon!
SNCS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customer, fleetwood, support