Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2014, 12:56 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeyzoo View Post
Congrats! Check your tires for age. They have a DOT code on the sidewall. Older the 8 or so years will require careful consideration...

Enjoy!
x2 i believe fleetwood states tires should be changed every 5 years
eliterv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2014, 01:03 AM   #16

Thumbs up

did you get the generator high rpm figured out,the generator is capable of running both a/cs correct ? have an electrician upgrade unit to 50 amp cord / breaker panel
eliterv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:04 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackariah View Post
Got the switch in and now I have power! All electrically powered stuff works. This coach says it can only run one ac unit off of the shore line. I would like to put add another 30 amp line so I can run both ac units off of a shore and I want to be able to switch back so I can run both off of the generator while I'm rolling. Anyone have any input on this undertaking?
Your floorcan plan is the same as my 1996 Vision, except mine does not have a rear window. We really like that layout.

Several people have added an additional 15amp power cord so they can utilize 2 outputs of shore power.

I would think a simple outlet box added at a convienient place to allow plugging your new 15 amp cord into the generator output would do the job. Actually plugging that new cord into any 110V existing outlet should work, but I would create a dedicated box with a breaker to be safe and avoid other potential problems.

If someone don't weigh in that has done this you may want to start another thread addressing it.

EDIT
PS: beware of contract electricians, we hear of a lot of electricians putting 220v into MH's in error.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:41 AM   #18

I will be doing all the work on this coach including electrical. I'm the jack of all master at none type. I have thought about adding another panel for the new 30 amp I'm running. My concern 8 having access to both ac units as I'm rolling. I live in Palm Springs Ca. And my favorite vacation spot is Havasu Az. Both very hot. I know there is a switch in the front of the coach tthat somehow knows if it is hooked up to shore that selects the front or back ac. I wish I would have thought about changing the panel to a 50 amp before putting in a new 301 switch. If nobody once I get this all figured out I will start a thread detailing how I did it. Also could someone point me to where I can get a wire diagram for this coach?

She is getting brand new tires today. I have a new water pump I plan to order I was going to go with the shurflo revolution 3 gpm. I'm also ordering new stripes for the sides. I need a new front curtain too. When I order that is the length with the pleats? The distance from one end to the other is about 160" do I get that length or something like 180" to allow for pleating? Thanks again for all the help.
Zackariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Do you have control center for the 2 AC's and Heat? My 1996 has it located in the Mbdr. on the front wall. I don't know what year Fleetwood started using it but it is a different animal, need to understand it if you have it. It manages all 110V activity turns air compressors off and on due to load etc..

Here is a fellow that removed his decals and painted them on with a small trim roller.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f120/deca...nt-206764.html

If available I have heard the decals are $$$. If you call Fleetwood in Decatur In. they may have help on the wiring.

Fleetwood RV Manuals

How to Install a 30 Amp Breaker & Plug | eHow
Old 06-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

So, the coach is 30 amp? Ours is 50 amp, but still will operate only one a/c if plugged in at home.

For wiring diagrams, call Fleetwood Customer Service (800) 322-8216. They'll need the FIN (Fleetwood ID Number) of your coach.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #21

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Zack,

On the generator, I would guess the power jet on the carburetor is partly plugged or misadjusted. There may be an adjustment screw on the bottom of the carb. If it is there turn it out a quarter turn at a time to see if that helps keep it running under load.
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:28 PM   #22

The generator problem is fixed. I think it just needed to run for a bit to clean out the system.

I came up with a plan to get both ac units running off of shore. After calling Fleetwood as suggested, I found that there is a wire that runs straight from the generator to the ac switch. I'm going to cut this wire right after the junction box. Add a 30 amp plug to it. I'm then going to put a junction box on the side of the wire running to the switch. In the box I will hard wire a new shore line with a 30 amp male plug. While I'm parked it will be plugged into the power supply at the camp site. While I'm driving I will plug it into the generator 30 amp plug that I made. I know this may sound a bit confusing. I will take pictures tomorrow of my progress and start a how to thread if it is successful.
Zackariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:50 AM   #23

What you are going to do is outlined on here somewhere. The wires should be spliced in the junction box. I believe to female and one male plug will allow you to go between your gen. And your lead to the pole. This is what I want t try anyways.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:05 AM   #24

Did you get the ability to run both roof AC's on the road figured out? Most of those were set up to do that. If you cannot, many times the problem can be traced back to the second power line coming from the gen set. The breaker on the gen set itself will pop on occasion.

Be very careful when switching from gen power to shore power and back. You don't want to do that with big amperage in play. Get used to shutting down the AC's prior to making this move. Failure to do this is very likely what killed your crossover relay. Those points may survive horseplay like that on occasion, but not often....

Congrats on finding a nice one! Best of luck with it.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:46 AM   #25

NICE FIND!!

My 1st Class A was a 1993 Fleetwood Pace Arrows Diesel Pusher. Had her for just about 10 years. She has been an EXCELLENT coach! She has all the goodies, 50 amp, dual AC's Dual furnaces, Cummins 250HP turbo diesel paired with the Allison 3060 World Transmission. I was getting 10MPG on the flats pulling my 05 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Leaf springs & hydraulic disc brakes on all four corners.

I recently upgraded to an 07 Discovery. Have the Pace up for sale now. I'm telling ya, even with my new fancy loaded 07 Discovery, it going to be real hard letting her go. She has been an EXCELLENT coach.

I hope you have as much fun as I did working on her! check out my site when you have some time. www.dieselrvowners.com

Keep us posted with your progress, good reading. Don't hesitate to ask me questions.

Enjoy

Robert

The Pace Arrow Diesels where built on an Oshkosh truck chassis, they where manufactured between 1993 and 1994 ONLY.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #26

My idea worked. I can now run both a units off of my shore lines.

I first identified which wire was going to the transfer switch and what wire was going to the ac switch. I did this by checking where the wires enter the transfer and ac switch. The larger wire is the one that goes to the transfer. We leave that one alone. I then decided where I want to put my 30 amp receptacle and my junction box. Then I cut the smaller wire where I thought it would give me the most room to work with it. I wired the junction first because it will be in the back. All this is is a place to tuck the Wire nuts away and to hold on to the new cord your adding to the end of the romex. Once I finished that I put a 30 amp female receptacle on the other wire. What this does is makes it so you can plug that wire directly into the generator or a shore line. I have some pictures of the process. I'm also more then happy to answer any questions on how this works.

CRUD MY PICTURES UPLOADED UPSIDE DOWN! I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FIX THAT.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140627_140645.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	66722   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140627_140743.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	304.5 KB
ID:	66723  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140627_154152.jpg