RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2019, 07:33 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
First Timer

Just purchased a 2004 American Eagle with low mileage and so much to learn! First post as I don't know what I don't know beyond reading a box full of manuals. The coach has not been abused but has been neglected somewhat so there is work to be done. Happy to say that all systems are (at the moment) working. Got some fogged windows, balky blinds, a speedo (head and sensor replaced) not functioning and it probably needs a trip to the factory to get a once over. Looking forward to the journey. Lurked here for several weeks before I pulled the trigger and am thankful for all who share their experience and knowledge. I'll have many questions along the way but would not have pulled the trigger without the support from this forum!
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2019, 07:04 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Give a holler if you have questions - somebody will help. We sold our 2004 American Tradition a couple years ago, but I still remember a lot and have saved a bunch of extra info as well.

One of the key factors for a 2004 owner is whether the Liberty chassis is based on Spartan or Freightliner components. Both were in use in 2004-2005 and you need to know which you have to get chassis parts or diagnose certain kinds of situations. Both are excellent, but there are differences.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:54 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thank you, Gary! It is a Spartan chassis. My more immediate issue is to locate the connection points for speedo circuits to check/clean them to see if I can resolve that issue. Then figuring out how to operate the antique Sony A/V system. Although the TV's have been replaced with flat screens the original sound system is a real piece of work with a pile of snake connections in the cabinet over the dining table that makes replacement rather intimidating! Floor plan is a 40L. Mechanically the coach is pretty sound but I'm sure I'll run into issues as time goes on.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:12 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
One other thing, Gary (one? Ha!), how in the world do you service the batteries in this coach? There doesn't appear to be a slide out and there is a metal box arrangement that makes it difficult to service from the top. In addition the battery cables lay across the tops of the batteries making it impossible to check the water levels without removing the cables.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:25 PM   #5

Welcome to the Forum and American Coach family. You can create a footer with your coach information and it will automatically list your info anytime you have a question. Saves time and lets people know what model of coach you have so replies can be more beneficial.
Jthigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:19 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jthigh View Post
Welcome to the Forum and American Coach family. You can create a footer with your coach information and it will automatically list your info anytime you have a question. Saves time and lets people know what model of coach you have so replies can be more beneficial.

Done. Thank you!

Tags
first timer