Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2021, 09:02 PM   #1

Fixed leaking hot water bypass valve

Well, after putting up with a leak from the water heater bypass valve for two years, it finally got to the point that I had to do something when we were finding puddles of water out into the kitchen floor.

I could reach around the back through the small opening at the top of the back under-sink wall panel, but couldn't exactly see where it was leaking to repair it.

So, last night, I used screwdrivers and brute force to rip out the wall panel under the sink! I couldn't find any other way to remove the panel for access.

Now I could finally disconnect the valve handle and clearly see that one of the cold water lines was leaking badly at the screw-on connector. The connector was actually loose enough I could turn it by hand. I used pliers and tightened up the screw-on fitting and voila, the leak stopped!

Now, I have a damaged rear wall panel under the sink that I need to repair and reinstall. But, I'll install it so it can be easily removed - if needed in the future. And now have good access to all of the pex water lines behind the sink and the rear of the outside TV. There's actually an FM wire antenna they just threw in there laying on the floor. And, an AC outlet on the floor where the TV is plugged into.

--
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3522.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	615.2 KB
ID:	343837  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2021, 11:55 AM   #2
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
And check any other of the same type fittings. I learned that the hard way. And P-traps and the slip joints too. Nothing like them coming loose with a sink full of water.

Tags
hot water, leak, valve, water