Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2014, 06:10 PM   #43

Update - DW and I went to look at two 35k units at La Mesa RV today. Very impressed over-all. We both like the layout and build quality. We could not test the toilet as both units are brand new. Can anyone chime in on the roof and is it "TPO" ? Fiberglass?
TweetThisRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2014, 06:12 PM   #44
Community Administrator

FW has been using TPO for about 10 years or longer.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:32 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
vacuum cleaner and vacuflush :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfdeluca2 View Post
Has anyone installed a central vacuum on their 35K? Or had one installed? Where is the unit mounted and where did they mount the hose port? Planning to either install one on our 2015 or have it installed at Camping World.
One comment: Yes we have a vac installed in our 35K and it works well. The interior port is in the kickplate under a counter near the fridge. The unit is in the plumbing compartment where the water filter is. There's an AC outlet to plug it in right there. The hookup and location seem great. I can send pics if someone needs them. Seems not too bad to do yourself but we had ours done at LazyDays.

Other comments: Regarding the vacuflush and the 35K in general I can say that I've found everything to work well. As mentioned the VF does "some" maceration but mostly it's a vacuum pump...as stated lots of history in marine. As Sarah says you get used to the sound. I'd take the sound over the problems of two tanks....been there done that.

As I understand it the VF pump is accessed on the 35K in the rear compartment as mentioned.

Glad to hear the comments on power. Our experience is about the same....not as much power as a DP but so much cheaper and easier to find fuel.

Overall we are still very happy with the 35K and FW in general.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:09 PM   #46

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
35K Vac Installations

Thank you Bill & Jenny for the information; very much appreciated. Would love to see some photos of the compartment where the vac is mounted; specifically interested in seeing how they routed the intake hose. Looking forward to installing one on our 35K.
lfdeluca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:54 AM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lincolnboy

The 35K is available in the Fleetwood Terra also, not the trim level of the Bounder but a nice unit regardless, and a lot less $$$

2015 Terra by Fleetwood RV
Old 12-05-2014, 05:27 PM   #48

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Not quite 3,000 miles on our 2015 Bounder 35K. Floor plan is really nice, however one thing I would change is the location of the thermostat control so you don't have to crawl over the bed to activate the A/C while on the road. One thing we have noticed with the flush system is that it will reprime in the middle of the night even if the toilet hasn't been used. Engine noise is a real problem above 3,500 rpm and extremely uncomfortable between 4 and 5,000. I love driving it, but gauges on the dash can be difficult to read on a bright day. Sullivan RV in Decatur, IN has been extremely helpful in resolving warranty issues. They also helped with the engine noise by installing a lead lined blanket under the dash and replaced my OEM headlight bulbs with Sylvania zXe bulbs...NOW I can see the road and signs at night!!!
tym4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 12:10 AM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tym4fun View Post
Not quite 3,000 miles on our 2015 Bounder 35K. Floor plan is really nice, however one thing I would change is the location of the thermostat control so you don't have to crawl over the bed to activate the A/C while on the road. One thing we have noticed with the flush system is that it will reprime in the middle of the night even if the toilet hasn't been used. Engine noise is a real problem above 3,500 rpm and extremely uncomfortable between 4 and 5,000. I love driving it, but gauges on the dash can be difficult to read on a bright day. Sullivan RV in Decatur, IN has been extremely helpful in resolving warranty issues. They also helped with the engine noise by installing a lead lined blanket under the dash and replaced my OEM headlight bulbs with Sylvania zXe bulbs...NOW I can see the road and signs at night!!!
We have a 2014 model. I agree on the thermostat. Regarding the flushing in night you might want to check to see if the stool is leaking-that's been our experience. Can you explain the lead lined blanket under the dash?
Old 12-07-2014, 09:12 AM   #50

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
We have a 2014 model. I agree on the thermostat. Regarding the flushing in night you might want to check to see if the stool is leaking-that's been our experience. Can you explain the lead lined blanket under the dash?
According to Fleetwood Customer Service repriming is normal, but I will take your advice. Rick Sullivan at Sullivan RV Sales and Service in Decatur showed me the blanket. It is a thin layer of lead blanketed between layers of high density closed cell foam. They removed the top of the dash and laid it in to help deaden the engine noise at high rpms. I noticed a definite improvement right away, but the wife's hearing is a lot sharper than mine (too many years of shooting without hearing protection) so not sure yet if she will be happy.
Old 12-25-2014, 05:10 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Any update? Do you still need to reprime? I guess I should be able to find the blanket by calling Sullivan's, are you still happy with it?
Old 12-26-2014, 08:46 AM   #52

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
Any update? Do you still need to reprime? I guess I should be able to find the blanket by calling Sullivan's, are you still happy with it?
I have not noticed it repriming in the middle of the night again and the wife is not complaining about it, so must have been a temporary issue.

The insulation Sullivan RV installed in the dash has made a BIG difference in the engine noise level. Still gets very loud above 3400 rpm, but not nearly as painful.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:39 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Will try to get vac pictures this weekend.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:30 PM   #54

Fleetwood Owners Club
When we had our 2013 35k, the dealer mounted a Dirt Devil in the compartment, passenger side, just in front of the rear wheels. Routed the hose up underneath the kick plate under the fridge. There was a 120v plug in that compartment.
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:46 PM   #55

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lead blanket

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym4fun View Post
I have not noticed it repriming in the middle of the night again and the wife is not complaining about it, so must have been a temporary issue.

The insulation Sullivan RV installed in the dash has made a BIG difference in the engine noise level. Still gets very loud above 3400 rpm, but not nearly as painful.
So the blanket is under the dash not the engine cowling on the floor between the seats?
Old 02-24-2015, 01:00 PM   #56

I like the way they hid the head behind the entertainment center. Seems like some clever thinking to squeeze so much into a 35 foot space with only one slide out. I have a 33W with the aft bath. Bedroom certainly would benefit with a slide out, but alas, it has none.
searchinferu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, fleetwood