Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2015, 05:17 PM   #57

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just completed installing the CV1500 central Vacuum in our 2015 Bounder. Thank you to jwmaustin for the encouragement. The installation turned out well but was not easy. Mounted the unit in the bay just aft of the inverter bay (one with water filter in it) mounting it on the aft wall using bolts and flat washers. Routing hose was just a matter of drilling the hole next to the heater vent. The inlet port was mounted on the kick plate below the refrigerator. That was no easy task since I did have to chisel away some framing wood to make room for the hose and carefully pry the cabinet face wood out to allow the mounting bracket to seat behind it. All said and done, it was not too difficult to accomplish. Even passed Laura's inspection and that is not easy. :-)
lfdeluca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2015, 12:15 AM   #58

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Re thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfdeluca2 View Post
Just completed installing the CV1500 central Vacuum in our 2015 Bounder. Thank you to jwmaustin for the encouragement. The installation turned out well but was not easy. Mounted the unit in the bay just aft of the inverter bay (one with water filter in it) mounting it on the aft wall using bolts and flat washers. Routing hose was just a matter of drilling the hole next to the heater vent. The inlet port was mounted on the kick plate below the refrigerator. That was no easy task since I did have to chisel away some framing wood to make room for the hose and carefully pry the cabinet face wood out to allow the mounting bracket to seat behind it. All said and done, it was not too difficult to accomplish. Even passed Laura's inspection and that is not easy. :-)
You are quite welcome although I didn't do much. Glad to hear it worked out.

We still like our 35k a lot. There are always some enhancements you can do of course. I've recently installed a 4x4 plastic post tube from Lowes to store the sewage hose in. Installed at rear under rear bins. It works great.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:40 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfdeluca2 View Post

How about some pictures of the vac and the sewer hose install?
Old 03-16-2015, 06:25 AM   #60

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
vacuum installation

Sure, I'll try to get some photos posted in next day or two.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:21 PM   #61

Fleetwood Owners Club
My wife and I just bit the bullet and purchased a 2015 Bounder 35K. Traded a class C 2010 Greyhawk. Savings went down but we love the coach. Hope you get your dream.
Heavy-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:09 AM   #62

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congratulations! We love our 35K and we both wish you many happy and safe miles in your new rig. Make great memories!
Old 03-17-2015, 06:22 AM   #63

Fleetwood Owners Club
New 35 K!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy-13 View Post
My wife and I just bit the bullet and purchased a 2015 Bounder 35K. Traded a class C 2010 Greyhawk. Savings went down but we love the coach. Hope you get your dream.
Congratulations! Nothing like that new coach smell! enjoy
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:48 PM   #64

Yesterday we finished negotiations to trade our FR3 30DS in on a new 2014 Bounder 35K. If family issues permit we will pick it up this coming Monday. The 30DE was our first RV and we learned a lot from the unit. It was basically trouble free but built to a price point. We have just spent a month with it in Pensacola and have some very definite ideas of what we wanted in an upgrade. The unit we are buying had a vented washer dryer and just about every other option on the spec sheet. Can anyone tell me if the Dash Radio/DVD played is Bluetooth compatable and if there is a USB port somewhere on it?
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 01:23 AM   #65

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
response

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Yesterday we finished negotiations to trade our FR3 30DS in on a new 2014 Bounder 35K. If family issues permit we will pick it up this coming Monday. The 30DE was our first RV and we learned a lot from the unit. It was basically trouble free but built to a price point. We have just spent a month with it in Pensacola and have some very definite ideas of what we wanted in an upgrade. The unit we are buying had a vented washer dryer and just about every other option on the spec sheet. Can anyone tell me if the Dash Radio/DVD played is Bluetooth compatable and if there is a USB port somewhere on it?
It is BT compatable (or at least it is on mine). I haven't seen a USB port.

You didn't ask but I have a rant LOL

I've found this radio and all dash radios so far on an MH to be semi worthless. The BT allows speakerphone use but who really wants a speakerphone in the front of an RV. If you are doing work business then it's better to go to another location. If you want to chat it's just not that good to hear or speak into. The use of it as a radio/audio going down the road is limited due to noise and being busy driving. When parked you can use a much better system than a standard car radio for entertainment. For my money I wish they'd skip the radio completely and put in a CB, display for Nav, etc. In fact I'm thinking of just covering mine up with my Garmin/Tomtom mount.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:28 PM   #66

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not sure where it is on the 2014 radio but on the 2015 it is on the lower left of the radio just below the volume control. It is covered by a plastic cover that needs to be pulled out......bit of a chore since the finger slot is tiny. But, behind it you'll find the USB connections.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:21 PM   #67

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
You are quite welcome although I didn't do much. Glad to hear it worked out.

We still like our 35k a lot. There are always some enhancements you can do of course. I've recently installed a 4x4 plastic post tube from Lowes to store the sewage hose in. Installed at rear under rear bins. It works great.
Like someone else asked, would like pictures. I assume you used schedule 40 PVC. What did you drill into and did you run it full across the coach?
Heavy-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:14 AM   #68

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
No, I used a square plastic fence post that's 4x4 by 8 foot and is available in white or tan from a place like Lowes. I mounted it under the frame rails across the back and used 4 inch U bolts going up into the two rear storage bins. You can use a plastic cap that comes with it for one end and a rubber bumper plug for RV's for the end you want to access.

Other posts have said they did it similarly. Some talked about the difficulty of getting hoses and fittings in it but if you turn the fittings to align with the tube they fit perfectly. Just like they do in a square bumper on many rigs.

I'll try to figure out how to add pics.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:27 AM   #69
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
...I'll try to figure out how to add pics.

Post #7 in the Forums 101 thread in the Forum 101 section has instructions.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 11:54 PM   #70

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Using fence posts for sewer storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy-13 View Post
Like someone else asked, would like pictures. I assume you used schedule 40 PVC. What did you drill into and did you run it full across the coach?
I found it easier to refer to other posts on this than take pics:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/unde...ge-233178.html

Mine was similar.

Tags
bounder, fleetwood