Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2014, 03:34 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Fleetwood Bounder 35K Model

I've been researching and looking and analyzing and I LOVE the Bounder 35K Floor Plan.

Except it is a new floor plan in 2012 and there aren't any old enough out there that I can afford.

But it is so perfect for me and I'm so happy I found a coach that I actually would trade Katie's Coach for.

So maybe in 2-3 years the 35K will be affordable....

Here it is....the delicious Fleetwood Bounder 35k...

2014 Bounder 35K | Fleetwood RV

New 2013 Fleetwood RV Bounder 35K Motor Home Class A at General RV | Wixom, MI
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2014, 04:08 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
More and more MH's are changing the kitchens and dinettes to the front and the living rooms to the back. I agree with you, though, a very nice layout. You might horse trade with them and see what you end up with......you never know!!!
Old 01-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
I've been researching and looking and analyzing and I LOVE the Bounder 35K Floor Plan.

Except it is a new floor plan in 2012 and there aren't any old enough out there that I can afford.

But it is so perfect for me and I'm so happy I found a coach that I actually would trade Katie's Coach for.

So maybe in 2-3 years the 35K will be affordable....

Here it is....the delicious Fleetwood Bounder 35k...

2014 Bounder 35K | Fleetwood RV

New 2013 Fleetwood RV Bounder 35K Motor Home Class A at General RV | Wixom, MI
This is the one I will buy someday also. Looked at one at Camping World..The only thing I don't care for is the flooring...Linoleum I think. I would prefer some kind of wood. This is the exterior I like.
Sultry Obsidian
Old 01-13-2014, 07:05 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
We just traded ours in:
Class A RV Dealer and Motorhome Sales in Chilliwack, BC | O'connor RV
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:29 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Look at my pic…… I have your dream coach and guess what? Im thinking of selling it to upgrade to a pusher. We love it but have the itch to upgrade. We fell in love with the floor plan too. Its even the right color!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:18 AM   #6
Community Administrator

All the best with your future plans , Kent. You won't go wrong with a Bounder. Be careful of dealer pricing on a trade in. The one posted above is more than a 2015 would cost. EEK

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Look at my pic…… I have your dream coach and guess what? Im thinking of selling it to upgrade to a pusher. We love it but have the itch to upgrade. We fell in love with the floor plan too. Its even the right color!
Oh Mojo! Don't tell me that! lol

If I were independently wealthy, I'd have you on the phone...

Old 01-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
All the best with your future plans , Kent. You won't go wrong with a Bounder. Be careful of dealer pricing on a trade in. The one posted above is more than a 2015 would cost. EEK
Yes, I am lucky to have my 2003, it would be impossible for me to try to buy one now, unless I could get a 20 year loan at 4 or 5 percent interest and I don't wanna do that for sure!

I'd love to have one, but we all yearn for something, that's mine.

I'm fortunate and very blessed to have what I have now, and shame on me for wanting more, but, sometimes, its nice to dream.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:11 AM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I think thats Canadian dollars priced above, which is, well, maybe not, more than US Dollars....?
Old 01-14-2014, 08:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian-nicola View Post
Why did you trade it in?
Old 01-14-2014, 09:29 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
We decided to go to a MH from a 35' 5th wheel. So we bought the Bounder mostly for w'ending. Business allowed us more time and we wanted to explore more and with a few years to go to retirement, decided to make the jump to a luxury DP and we fell in love with the Discovery, so we bought while we had the income to pay for it. Initially I wanted a DP but got talked out of it. Having driven the Discovery would never go back to a gasser. Bounder was a great MH and still is, but no comparison to the Discovery DP IMHO. But comparing the two units really isn't a fair comparison.
Xeena(German Shepard)
Old 01-14-2014, 09:42 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Correct sir, Cdn dollars and yours is a 6% premium over ours. If I walked the numbers back to pure wholesale and estimating the value of the Discovery, I would say their asking price in USD would be 122 and they would have at least 20K in wriggle room. When our banker reviewed the deal, she said it was excellent (she used to be business mgr for TD bank dealer lending arm) and said best time to buy is at the end of the year as dealers get better financing if their product is all current, get better flooring by the number of units sold and factory incentives get better as well. She admitted the numbers game in the RV world are stupid. MSRP 300k, discounted down to 265k and eventually selling for about 220k. Even less if the dealer isn't making his numbers. I don't know what Bounders sell for in your area of the US, but they go for a premium up here.
Thx=B
Xeena(German Shepard)
Old 01-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
We found the 35k a few years ago too, and said this is THE floor plan. Planned on trying to get a used one around 2016. We actually spent time comparing the Fleetwood model to the Winnebago model. Fleetwood won out, by the way. Last April we happened to come across a used 2012 on consignment at a dealer. It was a very spur of the moment purchase, but we are thrilled with this motor home. Still learning how everything works, but gotta say...we love it!
Old 01-18-2014, 05:42 PM   #14

The Bounder 35K was the only gas model we both liked, so we bought it. Early Christmas gift. The Fleetwood Terra also has a 35K floor plan and is typically sold for 10 to 15k less than the Bounder. However, I always believed that the best RV is the one in your backyard.
Kpjp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, fleetwood