Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2016, 09:18 AM   #1

Fleetwood DP models in '07-'08

After not including Fleetwood in my DP research, I'm warming up to them. I'm interested in the '07-'08 time frame in the 37 to 40' range. In researching I haven't really figured out the lineup in that time frame from highest price to lowest price.

Best as I can determine here's what I think, from highest to lowest:
1. Revolution with a Cummins ISL and Spartan chassis
2. Providence with a Cummins ISC and Freightliner chassis
3. Excursion " "
4. Discovery" "
5. Expedition Cummins ISB and Freightliner XCM chassis
6. Bounder Cummins ISB and Freightliner XM chassis

Again I'm looking at the '07-'08 time frame and I think Fleetwood may have discontinued and perhaps shifted some of these around in their current models.

Any help is much appreciated. I'm currently looking at Newmar's Dutch Star, Monoco's Diplomat, and Tiffins Bus and Phaeton. I think some of the Fleetwood products may be equal in quality.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2016, 07:03 PM   #2

I think you've got the line up correct. The early 07' Bounders, Expeditions, Discovery, and Excursions might have a Cat C7 or a Cummins ISB. The '08's have ISB's I think.
navigator336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 06:00 AM   #3

For model year '08 I think the Bounder and Expedition used the Cummins ISB engine. This was a B series engine upgraded with a ECM. I have 2 B series engines in my boat not upgraded with a ECM and they are reliable engines.

The Discovery, Excursion and Providence for '08 had the Cummins ISC engine and all had a Freightliner chassis but different versions of it. The ISC engine is a upgraded engine with 24 valves, but still uses an exhaust brake, I think. I believe this engine can be fitted with a compression brake but I don't think the compression brake was used much on this engine in the recreational MH marke

The Revolution has a Spartan chassis and the Cummins ISL engine with more HP and maybe a compression brake.

Just based on this info, I concluded the Revolution was top dog and the Expedition and Bounder entry level DP's. What I don't know is how the Discovery, Excursion and Providence fit in the lineup since they all use the Cummins ISC engine.
Both sold
Old 06-24-2016, 06:57 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I believe for '07, the Providence and Excursion were identical rigs with the Cat C7 350 on the identical Frieghtliner CC. The only difference between the two was minor trim items, but both were at the same price point. Dealers were only permitted to sell one or the other line but not both. I was told this by the Fleetwood dealer the sold us our '07 Excursion so it must be true right?
Old 06-24-2016, 11:07 PM   #5

Thanks Jim, how do you like your Excursion.
Both sold
Old 06-25-2016, 04:05 AM   #6

Our 2008 Expedition has been great, over 40,000 miles so far. Leaving for Nova Scotia on Tuesday. ISB 6.7 engine
Old 06-25-2016, 06:44 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have found the '07 Excursion to be a great rig. With 35K miles on it, we have had very few issues to speak of. About the most serious was a rear axil seal that went south. Even that was pretty minor. The thing I least like about the rig is the location of the domestic water pump which is buried behind the panel face in the lower wet bay. Have not had any issues with the pump yet, but when it goes I am going to have to find some smaller people than me to get up under their and R&R it.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by timjet View Post
For model year '08 I think the Bounder and Expedition used the Cummins ISB engine. This was a B series engine upgraded with a ECM. I have 2 B series engines in my boat not upgraded with a ECM and they are reliable engines.

The Discovery, Excursion and Providence for '08 had the Cummins ISC engine and all had a Freightliner chassis but different versions of it. The ISC engine is a upgraded engine with 24 valves, but still uses an exhaust brake, I think. I believe this engine can be fitted with a compression brake but I don't think the compression brake was used much on this engine in the recreational MH marke

The Revolution has a Spartan chassis and the Cummins ISL engine with more HP and maybe a compression brake.

Just based on this info, I concluded the Revolution was top dog and the Expedition and Bounder entry level DP's. What I don't know is how the Discovery, Excursion and Providence fit in the lineup since they all use the Cummins ISC engine.

The 07 Rev has a cat c-9 on a spartan le chassis at least mine does.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:31 AM   #9

jbrinsfi,

When your water pump goes, that panel blocking straightforward access will drop out of the way if it is like mine (06 Expedition). You use a square drive bit to remove the series of screws and then drop it down a little and bend it at the point where the first 90 degree factory bend is located and drop it down more. Access to the pump is pretty good after that.
navigator336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 01:40 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Above all those models are the American Coach family, also from the Fleetwood Corporation. American Tradition, American Eagle, and American Heritage, in ascending order. The Revolution is an "almost" American Coach and actually built on the same assembly line.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:15 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
The 07 Rev has a cat c-9 on a spartan le chassis at least mine does.
According to the Fleetwood archives, they went to the Cummins engine in 08.
Both sold
Old 07-01-2016, 09:09 AM   #12

07 Discovery has the cat. Bought ours eith 20k and put 19k in 9 months. Great rig!
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood