Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2022, 01:28 PM   #1

Fleetwood Expedition Passenger Slide

A new to us 2011 Expedition. Passenger slide will not extend. All others work fine. Please advise how to troubleshoot. TIA
Barry and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2022, 02:06 PM   #2

Could be motor, controller, switch, or even a cabinet door with a safety switch to keep it from getting ripped off if open. Sounds like you need a voltage tester.
Old 07-14-2022, 02:14 PM   #3

Yep, volt/ohm meter required.
Capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 04:43 PM   #4

Unfortunately not very current with electrical problems. Since the panel controls all slides, step cover, and awnings. And since all but pass slide works was hoping it might have been a fuse or such. No idea where to begin looking with bolt meter. Sorry

2010 Ford Edge
Old 07-14-2022, 04:50 PM   #5

My Expedition has a power control module for each slide. The module has a fuse on it. Mine are under the bed and hard to work on. Don't know where yours may be.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 08:41 PM   #6

Start the motor and let it run for a minute and then try to run the room. Voltage may be too low. The controller should be mounted in the ceiling of one of the bays. It’s a Powergear controller I believe.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 08:47 AM   #7

My slide power modules are in the basement with inverter. Mounted on inside wall. Clear plastic boxes.
Old 07-16-2022, 06:42 AM   #8

Well amazing enough, our American roads (Louisiana) bounced us enough to where our passenger slide began working at our next stop. Guess there is something loose somewhere. Will have to see if it continues to work. In the meantime I appreciate all the replies to my post.

2010 Ford Edge
Old 07-16-2022, 11:37 AM   #9

Your slide relays probably look like these if you have Power Gear slides. The plastic covered fuse at the top of the two shown here are slow blow fuses. They can be the source of intermittent working/failure as I believe you may have experienced. Remove the soft plastic cover and replace temporarily with a regular fuse of same amperage to work the slide. It would be wise to check the culprit slide motor for tight connections and amps as mentioned. Fleetwood suggests the engine running, I believe, so as to have the voltage absolutely available. If the fuse change works for you, be sure to replace with the slow blow type it originally had. Good luck. This solution worked for us when we were in a jam trying to leave for home. Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-14_16-09-27_632.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	371173
Old 07-21-2022, 11:52 AM   #10

Same thing just happened to my05 discovery the passenger slide relay (located by inverter) was bad replaced all good. those relays also have a thermal breaker and fuse that might have gone out hope this is helpful
lazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 01:42 PM   #11

lazy1 here forgot to mention you can switch the wire harnass from one relay to the the other to see if that is your problem
lazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, slide, cat