Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2014, 09:55 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Fleetwood Freightliner Repairs when Stranded

Hello all!
Some of you know that I am the kind of guy that loves his Motorcoach and take care of it like she was an old Muscle Car. I Over Service/Maintain and Upgrade everything I know to do.
Here is my story........Deb and I left out of Northern Illinois on Christmas Day and headed out for south Florida for a couple weeks of much deserved vacation! We left in the early am and in the night we decided to pull into an amazing rest area for campers in Macon GA. The Coach ran for 16 hrs. straight with no issues at all.
In the early am I was up and ready to roll into Florida when the coach started overheating only a few miles back on I75 south! I was shocked and could not figure out what was going on..... well, during a roadside inspection, my Engine Fan was not running at all. Problem found......now, how to get it fixed?!?!
Well, we let her cool and limped her into an RV Service center about 10 miles south of Macon. They told me they could not repair it and referred me to a shop back up north about 16 miles in the heart of Macon, GA.
This where the story builds.....
I call Jesse (The Parts Manager) at Gilbert Truck Center and explain what is happening and he determines after a little reserch that my Electronic Fan Clutch is toast and that Freightliner has a ton of bulletins out about this very breakdown and furthermore they have a new updated part to replace the faulty original part. He will order it on an Emergency Basis and have on Monday!!!!! It's Friday!!!!! oh well. we set up camp and prepare for Monday's part arrival. Monday comes and the part shows up. Right Box.....Wrong Part!!!!! OMG! I am dying a slow death..... Jesse gets Freightliner on the phone and tells them what happened and they overnight air freight the correct part! The owner of Gilbert Truck Center (TONY GILBERT) feels bad for us and steps in to ease our pain. He gives us his truck to go get our trailer that we dropped to make it easier for the coach to make it to the his shop.....tells us to take our time. The part shows up and he calls my cell phone to let me know he has it and it is correct!
By the time we returned back to Gilbert Truck our coach was torn down and there was 3 techs working on it together and the 9 hour job was complete and ready to roll in under 4 hours! He said he wanted to salvage our vacation and do his part to make us happy and get us back on the road! This was a great shop with amazing customer service Clean, Courteous, and Caring! I am so pleased I thought I had to pass this on to all of my Fleetwood Friends That Travel!

Gilbert Truck Center
2822 Jefferson Rd
Macon,GA. 31217
478-742-5934

If you are ever passing through Macon, GA. and need service or repairs.....Give Tony and the guys a call! Gas or Diesel, Big, or Small this is the place you need to go!!
Tell them Craig and Deb sent you.......They won't soon forget us! lol

Meanwhile, we are safely in Naples Florida and enjoying our vacation at Pelican Lake Motorcoach Resort! Absolutely Beautiful!!!
Thank You to Tony and the crew at Gilbert Truck Center!!
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2014, 10:21 PM   #2
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig N Deb View Post
Hello all!
Some of you know that I am the kind of guy that loves his Motorcoach and take care of it like she was an old Muscle Car. I Over Service/Maintain and Upgrade everything I know to do.
Here is my story........Deb and I left out of Northern Illinois on Christmas Day and headed out for south Florida for a couple weeks of much deserved vacation! We left in the early am and in the night we decided to pull into an amazing rest area for campers in Macon GA. The Coach ran for 16 hrs. straight with no issues at all.
In the early am I was up and ready to roll into Florida when the coach started overheating only a few miles back on I75 south! I was shocked and could not figure out what was going on..... well, during a roadside inspection, my Engine Fan was not running at all. Problem found......now, how to get it fixed?!?!
Well, we let her cool and limped her into an RV Service center about 10 miles south of Macon. They told me they could not repair it and referred me to a shop back up north about 16 miles in the heart of Macon, GA.
This where the story builds.....
I call Jesse (The Parts Manager) at Gilbert Truck Center and explain what is happening and he determines after a little reserch that my Electronic Fan Clutch is toast and that Freightliner has a ton of bulletins out about this very breakdown and furthermore they have a new updated part to replace the faulty original part. He will order it on an Emergency Basis and have on Monday!!!!! It's Friday!!!!! oh well. we set up camp and prepare for Monday's part arrival. Monday comes and the part shows up. Right Box.....Wrong Part!!!!! OMG! I am dying a slow death..... Jesse gets Freightliner on the phone and tells them what happened and they overnight air freight the correct part! The owner of Gilbert Truck Center (TONY GILBERT) feels bad for us and steps in to ease our pain. He gives us his truck to go get our trailer that we dropped to make it easier for the coach to make it to the his shop.....tells us to take our time. The part shows up and he calls my cell phone to let me know he has it and it is correct!
By the time we returned back to Gilbert Truck our coach was torn down and there was 3 techs working on it together and the 9 hour job was complete and ready to roll in under 4 hours! He said he wanted to salvage our vacation and do his part to make us happy and get us back on the road! This was a great shop with amazing customer service Clean, Courteous, and Caring! I am so pleased I thought I had to pass this on to all of my Fleetwood Friends That Travel!

Gilbert Truck Center
2822 Jefferson Rd
Macon,GA. 31217
478-742-5934

If you are ever passing through Macon, GA. and need service or repairs.....Give Tony and the guys a call! Gas or Diesel, Big, or Small this is the place you need to go!!
Tell them Craig and Deb sent you.......They won't soon forget us! lol

Meanwhile, we are safely in Naples Florida and enjoying our vacation at Pelican Lake Motorcoach Resort! Absolutely Beautiful!!!
Thank You to Tony and the crew at Gilbert Truck Center!!
Hearing good news about RV service happens so seldom. Good to hear that are still places out there that take ownership of problems.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:31 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Awesome!
Old 01-01-2015, 07:46 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Great to hear it, Bring back some sunshine!!!
Did you have any luck using the CB on the way down there or see any sticker's?
Happy New Year,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:42 AM   #5

Thanks for taking care of Craig and Deb Tony! We all appreciate it!
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:09 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Craig and Deb, thanks for post. I always file these reviews away. Might be a great idea to post your experience in RV Service Reviews. I know a lot of RV folks refer to this publication. We certainly do and always use the favorable shops. Happy New Year where's the sun?
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:10 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Glad all worked out well. Some places still care.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:20 AM   #8

Great to hear about shops that go the extra mile!

Steve

Tags
fleetwood, freightliner, repair, repairs