Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2017, 10:04 AM   #1

Fleetwood ice maker

I just bought a 2015 Excursion. The ice maker does not work and the previous owner said he never tried to use it. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!
billya60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2017, 10:24 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by billya60 View Post
I just bought a 2015 Excursion. The ice maker does not work and the previous owner said he never tried to use it. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!
I'd start troubleshooting in two ways:

1) Assuming the fridge is powered up, flip the ice maker arm down and listen for the solenoid to open (you can usually hear it click). That will at least tell you if the ice maker is getting power.

2) Check to make sure the water line is open to the ice maker. On our Discovery, the ice maker water line T's off of the kitchen sink. There should be a shut-off valve either below the kitchen sink (might be behind a panel in the back of the cabinet), or behind a louvered panel (depends on your layout, but ours is below the stove and also allows rear access to the forward furnace).

If you confirm the water is on and either don't hear the solenoid click or do hear it but still aren't getting ice, I'd contact the fridge manufacturer.
anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:55 PM   #3

You can buy a replacement ice maker from Lowes or Home Depot. Just need to take original assembly with you and compare. I believe i posted some info on the subject. I'll poke around. Keep us posted on your project.
A whirlpool icemaker replaced my failing icemaker in my 4 door.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:01 PM   #4

Good possibility the water to the ice maker was never turned on. When we picked up our 2015 35B from the dealer, they took out the bottom drawer under the stove and reached way to the back and turned on the water. Also, make sure you have an energized water source.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:34 PM   #5

Shutoff valve to our icemaker is right behind the fridge on our 07 Discovery.

Note that their is a fuseable link under the ice tray. It's a safety feature. If the heater under the ice tray overheats it will cut power to the bank icemaker.

Here's a link to a $40 replacement;
http://www.appliancezone.net/4317943...ZcqhoCerrw_wcB

DO NOT toss the original icemaker before purchasing the replacement! You will need to swap out 2 parts. A water cup that directs water into the try and a pigtail.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 03:35 PM   #6

Read the link below...
John

Ice Maker

The author cautions on taking the ice maker out but I had no problem removing or reinstalling. Just unplug the 120 vac cable connector to the ice maker first then remove the ice maker.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:55 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
icicles in ice maker

anybody had an icicle forming at the inlet in your ice maker?
Leak is O-ring likely?
ramblinboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood