Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2023, 06:46 AM   #2353

Here are the first mods I made to our recently purchased 2002 Pace Arrow:

1) Replaced junk radio with a new Boss Audio touchscreen. I 3D printed a dash kit to fit the existing hole.

2) All ceiling light fixtures replaced with LED's.

3) Under cabinet lights replaced with LED puck lighting. Am printing new switch fixtures, which will be black.

The LED's are a huge improvement over factory.

Cheers
Wayne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Radio_3.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	369.9 KB
ID:	383644   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lighting_2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	340.6 KB
ID:	383645  

Name:	Lighting_3.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	322.9 KB
ID:	383646   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lighting_4.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	383647  

6cwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2023, 04:25 AM   #2354

2002 Pace Arrow: Cab Upgrades Thread

Purchased a used 2002 Pace Arrow 36R last November and decided a full remodel was in order. We decided the cab area would be where the remodel started.

Already completed:
1. Overhead lighting fixtures replaced with new LED variety.
2. Satellite/aerial contraptions removed from roof (and sealed).
3. New dash radio.
4. OEM speakers replaced with Kicker's

The planned changes:
1. Reduce size of tv enclosure and replace current tv with smart LED variety.
2. Add entertainment system to the two overhead cabinets.
3. Replace curtains (and remove rail) with roller shades.
4. New window trims.
5. New carpet (or switch to vinyl planks - tbd).

Upon removing old tv & dvd/video player it was obvious that the area had been a Motel Mousey. Rather than mess about I removed all of the old insulation, fabricated two new floors for the side cabinets and am in process of fabricating a new smaller tv enclosure (test fit shown in picture below).

Cheers
Wayne
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TV Overhead_2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	383946  
Old 01-07-2023, 06:26 AM   #2355
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6cwayne View Post
Purchased a used 2002 Pace Arrow 36R last November and decided a full remodel was in order. We decided the cab area would be where the remodel started.
Nice work.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 04:43 PM   #2356

Fridge Removal - Pace Arrow 36R

I became aware, recently, that there was a roof leak in the area above the fridge in my PA 36R so decided to take the fridge out today (it was going to be replaced anyway). Everything went swimmingly... right up to the point one of the ammonia lines on the back of the fridge burst. Now, I'm no medical doctor, but as a well trained former Naval Engineer I'm aware that breathing ammonia is not conducive to life. My finely tuned spider like reflexes kicked in and I exited the motorhome just as the ammonia alarm went off.

It was 30 minutes before I could go back into Glamps to open a window. This was because although I can hold my breath, I don't navigate well in confined spaces if my eyes are closed. And they needed to be closed because of the searing pain I felt if I left them open.

Bottom line is the fridge is now out (see picture), the atmosphere in Glamps is now breathable, and I still have all of my lungs & eyes functioning.

You never now what life may have in store for you when you get up in the morning. Isn't it wonderful? I wouldn't have it any other way!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	675FE210-7769-4DD1-9D63-049270578508.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	288.0 KB
ID:	383981  
Old 01-07-2023, 06:15 PM   #2357

Close call!!! Glad you are OK
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 09:26 PM   #2358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Miller View Post
In our 2011 Fleetwood Discovery 40X, it had always been difficult to see or reach anything in the back of the kitchen sink cabinet “cave” and there was a lot of wasted space.

Attachment 299764

It was difficult to keep tall objects from falling over (and sometimes leaking) as we traveled.

Part of the reason for the wasted space was a built-in shelf assembly that had an almost useless wire rack and a top shelf that stuff would slide off of anytime we moved the coach.

Attachment 299765

We wanted a place to store the sink covers, microwave shelves, plates for the electric griddle, sink drain pad and other flat objects that don’t stack well.

We decided to dismantle the built-in shelf assembly and use the parts to hold flat objects vertical and provide a way to support a sliding drawer.

Attachment 299766

For now we are using the wire basket from the built-in to help organize the drawer space. It is now much easier to reach the back of the storage area without having to get down on our hands and knees and move a bunch of stuff! This is a BIG improvement over what we had been dealing with.

Attachment 299767

We then decided to add a drawer front with handle and put a white plastic liner in the drawer to make cleaning up any spills easier.

Attachment 299768
Great modification to make that space more useful. I'm going to do exactly that too!
Denbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 12:42 PM   #2359

Storage doors pop open

My outside storage doors keep popping open. The door latch doesn’t make a good connection but I can’t move the existing catch. I need to find newer ones that adjust
lbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 12:44 PM   #2360
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbarron View Post
My outside storage doors keep popping open. The door latch doesn’t make a good connection but I can’t move the existing catch. I need to find newer ones that adjust
Can you post a photo of the door and catch?
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 03:40 AM   #2361

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbarron View Post
The reason I installed these clips on mine. Can only open a little bit. Had one come open going down on the road. Fine as long as you are going but not so when slowing down or stopping.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	C183E86D-36AA-4B54-A2F2-C5B67D914356.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	386780   Click image for larger version

Name:	22657B37-A39E-4A7A-8499-F5CB03DC6A4E.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	386781  

Old 02-22-2023, 03:34 AM   #2362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittntheroad View Post
The reason I installed these clips on mine. Can only open a little bit. Had one come open going down on the road. Fine as long as you are going but not so when slowing down or stopping.
Nice, mine do that too. I have found the adjustable catches. If they work I’ll post here.
lbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 07:53 AM   #2363

My 2019 Mods so far.

1. Removed the Satellite Dish and Sealed penetration.
  2. Removed the TV antenna and sealed the penetration. Installed a LED fixture over the interior TV antenna rotater controller and wired that into the Kitchen lights.
  3. Installed 2,400 Watts of rooftop solar.
  4. Removed the Magnum inverter and replaced with a Victron Multiplus II 2 X 120 Leg 50A service inverter and wired to the entire coach. This required pulling two 6 Guage, 4 conductor wiring from the transfer switch bay in the rear to the front inverter bay adjacent to the entry door. This was tricky but it's doable and unseen using the Bounder's wire paths that are behind cabinets, fridge and Bathroom.
  5. Installed 3 Victron solar charge controllers to manage all the rooftop power.
  6. Installed three solar glands on the roof over then behind the refrigerator. This allows the 10 gauge wiring from the solar arrays on the roof to run down to the Electronics bay in the front adjacent to the door very clean and unseen.
  7. Created a duct system to ventilate the electronics bay and exhaust air from that bay, automatically when the inverter temperature or ambient temp of the bay gets to warm. This happens when running Air Conditioning.
  8. More Victron Electronics and bus bars. Cerbo etc.
  9. Replaced cigarette lighter outlet on dash with USB chargers.
  10. Added motion lights in several cabinets to automatically light when opening them.
  11. Added a MOFI Router behind bedroom TV, cabled to the roof above with a gland and added 4 marine grade cellular antennas on the roof for Carrier Aggregation on the MOFI.
  12. Replaced the dinette table with a custom fabricated and more sturdy tabletop.
  13. Replaced the in dash radio with an very sophisticated 7" ATOTO touch screen head unit. Apple Car Play and tons of other features and Navigation.
  14. Replaced the incredibly crappy cab speakers with JBL speakers.
  15. Removed the flushing head and installed a composting toilet. Built a custom platform over the flushing head to accomodate the Natures Head Toilet.
  16. Plumbed the exhaust vent of the natures head to the grey roof vent outlet.
  17. Added 25,000 Watt hours of Lithium Batteries to store all the energy gathered from the solar. This allows for running air conditioning.
  18. Added a soft start to the primary Air Conditioner.
  19. Installed a commercial quality camera system for around the exterior and interior of the coach. Records contentiously and notifies me when I am away if anyone approaches the door and records via a dash cam while driving.
  20. Added a tiny cam above the gas fill that displays on the head unit. This allows me to navigate directly adjacent to the gas pump to fill. I used to have to get out and see if I was alligned. Got the idea from a Million Dollar Prevost.
  21. Replaced the failed stock convection microwave with a GE Profile Convection/Air Fry/Microwave.
  22. Calibrated the translucent water tank with 5 gallon increments to show accurate water levels.
  23. Replaced all Shock Absorbers with Kona Shocks.
  24. Added a Steering Stabilizer.
  25. Added upgraded Rear Stabilizer bar
  26. Added Super Steer Chassis Stabilizer.
  27. Added Front Sumo Springs.
  28. Replaced pantry drawer slides with push to unlock slides. Stock slides were sliding and hitting the cabinet door when driving. Should be a stock item from the factory.
  29. Built a T-Slot drawer system for tools in one of the largest basement bays.
More to come if I can find any worthwhile upgrades. Probably wardrobe drawers that I saw someone do here.
augie1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 01:07 PM   #2364

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Did you have a buyer for the Sat Dish and related components?
Old 02-22-2023, 10:53 PM   #2365

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
Did you have a buyer for the Sat Dish and related components?
I had, but sold it all online. i still have a connection to the LiFePO4 batteries, if you are interested.
augie1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 11:09 PM   #2366

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Here's the before... "FlexSTEEL" sofa that was light on 'flex' and heavy on 'steel'.

And AFTER... Full reclining wall-away La-z-boy. Yeah!

Ahhhhhhh....

And the dramatic installation thread... https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/sof...nt-165923.html
Warning about reclining Love sectional never climb over and put a blanket on the top or back - foot will spring up and knock you off and break hip!
Myk55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood