Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2015, 09:38 AM   #841

Window tint

After a trip to Gulf Shores in July ; we decided it would be worth the $ to add window tint. Love it! The temp inside is much cooler, also we are able to leave the "ugly silver stuff" in the windows (behind the shades) and you can't see it from the inside or outside. I really like to see outside and have natural light; but when it is 100 degrees outside without shade this made a huge difference. I also cut a circle out of the silver stuff and pushed it up into the shower skylight. Criss crossed 2 spring loaded curtain rods at the bottom of opening. It has stayed in place well , easy to remove when it is not hot and sunny.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	109525  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2015, 06:42 AM   #842

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiegirl2u View Post
After a trip to Gulf Shores in July ; we decided it would be worth the $ to add window tint. Love it! The temp inside is much cooler, also we are able to leave the "ugly silver stuff" in the windows (behind the shades) and you can't see it from the inside or outside. I really like to see outside and have natural light; but when it is 100 degrees outside without shade this made a huge difference. I also cut a circle out of the silver stuff and pushed it up into the shower skylight. Criss crossed 2 spring loaded curtain rods at the bottom of opening. It has stayed in place well , easy to remove when it is not hot and sunny.
Looks very nice. Do you know the brand of tint that was used and the % of tint? i have heard conflicting info on whether to use automotive tint or house tint. I cant believe there is a difference. i am also concerned about going real dark on the front side windows. thanks for the info and pics, I must get this done and yours looks great.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:07 AM   #843

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Looks fantastic! I did mine a couple years back, but not the driver and co-pilot windows because I was worried about night time driving/backing up. Which I NEVER would be doing anyway, unless it were an emergency.....

You did a GREAT JOB!!

Old 10-15-2015, 06:28 AM   #844

Thanks guys! Now that you ask I can't remember the brand of tint of course. We did not do it ourselves. We considered trying to get off on the cheap but that usually works out bad for us on something that needs to be perfect to be right lol This tint guy does RV's for dealers all over our area , and does a lot of truck mods. He recommended 2 types ; I can't remember the difference. I ask him about the complaints I have seen depending on the type of material used. He guaranteed no problems with the material he uses and has used it on 100's maybe 1000's of RV's; and he came to the house so we didn't have to leave it sitting at the dealer for what tends to be long drawn out episode every time for us The percent of tint on the front is not as dark as the other windows even though it looks like it is. If I get this keyless entry issue figured out before we leave tomorrow I'll look up my invoice and try to give you more info on type and degree.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:59 PM   #845

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It looks great. Caution: tint works great on single pane window on the inside but if you have double pane windows it will blow the seals if used on the inside of windows. I put dark limo tint on my coach but put it on the outside. After 7 years, it is beginning to show some deterioration and I will need to renew my tint. So far, my double pane windows are still clear and show no signs of any fogging between panes.
When putting tint on double panes windows on the inside, the sun penetrates the outside window then hits the inside pane of the window and the air heats up between panes. As the air gets hot it expands and eventually blows the window seals to release the pressure. When that happens, moisture will get between the panes and start fogging up.
MrMudstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:57 AM   #846

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMudstud View Post
........................When putting tint on double panes windows on the inside, the sun penetrates the outside window then hits the inside pane of the window and the air heats up between panes. As the air gets hot it expands and eventually blows the window seals to release the pressure. When that happens, moisture will get between the panes and start fogging up.

Now there is some good info.................I was considering inside tint, all my windows were replaced prior to my purchase. Yikes, that would have ruined my day.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:32 PM   #847

Tried elsewhere in the forums, but since you guys are the power users , I though I might try here.

Trying to find replacement switch plate covers like photo attached.

Can anyone identify brand or where to buy? They have no markings to indicate manufacturer or model.

Dealer ordered me some a few years ago. But they have since closed.

They are modular and you can connect them together to configure.

Thank you!

-Joshua
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	motor coach switch plate.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	111100  
CaptainVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:18 AM   #848

Fleetwood Owners Club
Captain,

Go to this URL and you should find the covers you are looking for.

rvparts.argrv.com/e2wItemQuickSearch.aspx?searchText=switch%20plate% 20cover

More specifically here's 2 URL's to the covers you may be looking for:

rvparts.argrv.com/e2wItemMain.aspx?parentId=1556446
rvparts.argrv.com/e2wItemMain.aspx?parentId=970385

If there are other parts for your coach that you can't find contact the Fleetwood folks and they will be very happy to assist you.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:46 AM   #849

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
https://rvparts.argrv.com/e2wShoppin...909:3100001959

https://rvparts.argrv.com/e2wItemMai...rentId=1556446

https://rvparts.argrv.com/e2wItemMai...arentId=970385
Old 11-04-2015, 08:10 AM   #850

Fleetwood Owners Club
I did my windows all the way around several years ago and they have been great!! I think the key is to have a high quality tint shop do the job!
I did all the windows and a 2ft. visor on the windshield! It is incredible....so much nicer!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Coach and Trailer.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	111129   Click image for larger version

Name:	10420080_10204788005532083_8311117885725556266_n.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	111130  

Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:00 PM   #851

Thanks. Well I went through the entire parts list for my coach on last night on rvparts.argrv.com. Man, that site is slow as molasses!

The single switch plates are available. But not the multiple gang/modular, or center ones and end plate. . "Obsolete per supplier - no tooling to make part -"

I will try calling Fleetwood to see if there is an update. I hope so! I have no idea how many coaches were produced with these switch plates. But it seems like it would be a lot!
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2015, 12:04 PM   #852

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainVideo View Post
Thanks. Well I went through the entire parts list for my coach on last night on rvparts.argrv.com. Man, that site is slow as molasses!

The single switch plates are available. But not the multiple gang/modular, or center ones and end plate. . "Obsolete per supplier - no tooling to make part -"

I will try calling Fleetwood to see if there is an update. I hope so! I have no idea how many coaches were produced with these switch plates. But it seems like it would be a lot!
I agree with you CaptainVideo -- the ARGRV website is so freakin' slow that it's nearly unusable. I have also found that it is either an incomplete list of what they sell, or the database behind it is so poorly organized that it can be near impossible to find what you need.

Thankfully, a call or email to ARGRV usually gets much better results for me. Those people have been super nice with me, and have gone above & beyond to track down parts that I have needed. Now I haven't needed many parts so far, but whatever I have needed, they've been able to find.

They charge a premium too, so you may try to figure out the exact part they are hoping to sell you, then shop for a better price. For bigger items, it can be worth it. For a switch plate--or similar small items--I'd be happy to pay them a slightly higher price for the convenience.

Good luck!
Rob
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:11 PM   #853

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainVideo View Post
Tried elsewhere in the forums, but since you guys are the power users , I though I might try here.

Trying to find replacement switch plate covers like photo attached.

Can anyone identify brand or where to buy? They have no markings to indicate manufacturer or model.

Dealer ordered me some a few years ago. But they have since closed.

They are modular and you can connect them together to configure.

Thank you!

-Joshua
I had the same switch panel setup and I replaced mine with lighted toggle switches and made a hardwood panel to mount switches. I used a label maker with clear tape and applied before final lacquer. I will post pix if you want to see
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:59 PM   #854

Yes, I would like to see your mod. Thanks

Tags
fleetwood