Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2022, 03:57 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Fleetwood owners

Trying to decide between a 2004 Revolution or a 2005 Providence, [moderator edit] any other suggestions maybe a Winnebago
nascamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2022, 06:42 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Back in those years, the Prov was top of the line in the Fleetwood class, Rev was second. A few years later, the Prov line was dropped and Rev moved up to be the entry level coach in the American Coach line.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 06:07 AM   #3

In 2008 I couldn’t decide between Revolution and providence. I test drove both on a concrete hwy it was the Revolution hands down.
Old 01-30-2022, 06:16 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Were they on the same chasis Spartan or Freightline?
nascamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 07:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascamp View Post
Were they on the same chasis Spartan or Freightline?

Rev on a spartan and providence on freightliner.
Old 02-03-2022, 09:17 AM   #6

The 2004 Revolution would be a Freightliner chassis. Not really familiar with the Providence but have been very happy with my 2003 Revolution.
Old 02-04-2022, 07:57 AM   #7

Just downsized from a XL Prevost and bought a Clean low mileage 2004 Revolution 40C. Price wise could have bought any I wanted. Doesn't drive and ride like my Prevost did but it handles pretty good. Well down in power from the 500HP engine. The Cummins has 350HP. Systems are simple and straight forward. Engine pulls pretty good. Find one taken care of and think you'll like the Revolution. Picked this one as it doesn't have the DEF/DPF stuff the later years had. If I could just figure out how to turn the darn overhead reading lights over the driver and passenger or find a fuse that controls them. ,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rv3.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	355497  
glens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 01:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Trying to decide between a 2004 Revolution or a 2005 Providence, anybody selling or any other suggestions maybe a Winnebago
Look in classifieds
michaelsnewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 01:55 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Arrow Check AZ Expert on YouTube on Winnebago roof design

Saw you included Winnebago as a possibility and thought I would connect you to "AZ Expert" in Arizona (Mesa area) who does alot of heavy repairs on accident coaches or roof repairs. His YouTube take on Winnebago roofs is not flattering for specific years due to the way they are manufactured. (We are partial to our American Coach in the top of the Fleetwood product line and our fiberglass roof). If you enter "AZ Expert" in YouTube he has dozens if not hundreds of heavy repairs and a good take on reputable coach manufacturers and their related goods and bads. (Not affiliated with him in any way).
Genevatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 02:13 PM   #10

I would get the one that is better cared for, the one in the best condition. If those are equal…. Then go with the floor plan.

I was looking at similar year revolutions up to 2008, drive several. Ended up going a different direction but for me, always preferred fleetwoods products over Winnebago
NC25T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 11:13 AM   #11

Electric wiring

Has any Fleetwood owners, that have worked with electricians in the past, have their wiring diagrams? I have a 1998 Fleetwood terry camper.
Onemom49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 08:04 PM   #12

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glens View Post
Just downsized from a XL Prevost and bought a Clean low mileage 2004 Revolution 40C. Price wise could have bought any I wanted. Doesn't drive and ride like my Prevost did but it handles pretty good. Well down in power from the 500HP engine. The Cummins has 350HP. Systems are simple and straight forward. Engine pulls pretty good. Find one taken care of and think you'll like the Revolution. Picked this one as it doesn't have the DEF/DPF stuff the later years had. If I could just figure out how to turn the darn overhead reading lights over the driver and passenger or find a fuse that controls them. ,
Nice. Wish mine was Black & Silver. Ha. Love ours... Just going through it and making it better. Want to paint it but have some other upgrades planned.

CUSTOM TRUCK, RV & SEMI SHOCKS by HD SHOCKS Race Proven. Highway Comfort.
SHOCKERRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 08:07 PM   #13

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Trying to decide between a 2004 Revolution or a 2005 Providence, anybody selling or any other suggestions maybe a Winnebago
We really like our 2004 Fleetwood Revolution 38b. Great bones and hauls our Jeep well. Once you get one you just have to start going through it ALL so you know all the maintenance. Makes traveling that much better.

Hope you find one soon. Good Luck!

CUSTOM TRUCK, RV & SEMI SHOCKS by HD SHOCKS Race Proven. Highway Comfort.
SHOCKERRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 04:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemom49 View Post
Has any Fleetwood owners, that have worked with electricians in the past, have their wiring diagrams? I have a 1998 Fleetwood terry camper.
Good news for you! REV is currently scanning build sheets, including diagrams for various systems like plumbing, wiring, etc, for coaches from the pre-bankruptcy era. It shouldn't be long until you can visit the REV website and get those schematics to download. I heard this info from a REV representative at the recent Fleetwood Motorhome Association rally in Florida.

Tags
fleetwood