Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2023, 09:53 PM   #1

Fleetwood prowler ac issues.

Hey guys, I am new to the camping world and have been having some troubles with my ac. It is a coleman mach 3 on top if a fleetwood prowler 270 fqs.

When I turn my thermostat to ac, it seems the furnace fan will kick on but not the ac, now as we should all know these two are not connected like traditional AC's so some explanation on that would be great.

I changed the capacitors to a two in 1. I noticed that when I have the units power on, there is 120 to the control box for the unit, but on the other side of the inverter I believe, there is no 12v coming out. Would that be the control board then? Or am I missing something.
JMARTIN1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2023, 04:34 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMARTIN1995 View Post
Hey guys, I am new to the camping world and have been having some troubles with my ac. It is a coleman mach 3 on top if a fleetwood prowler 270 fqs.

When I turn my thermostat to ac, it seems the furnace fan will kick on but not the ac, now as we should all know these two are not connected like traditional AC's so some explanation on that would be great.

I changed the capacitors to a two in 1. I noticed that when I have the units power on, there is 120 to the control box for the unit, but on the other side of the inverter I believe, there is no 12v coming out. Would that be the control board then? Or am I missing something.

Sounds to me if furnace kicks on when on AC you have a thermostat problem. I donít understand about inverter part . A inverter makes 120 volt out of 12 volt battery bank which has nothing to do which AC.
Old 06-01-2023, 11:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Sounds to me if furnace kicks on when on AC you have a thermostat problem. I donít understand about inverter part . A inverter makes 120 volt out of 12 volt battery bank which has nothing to do which AC.
Like I said I'm still new to it. I used to work on acs but most of my knowledge is bad now. I may be mixing things up. I get absolutely no response from the ac. So possible thermostat issue you say? I will have to go by one and test the theory. Cause when I turn it to cool. The ac does nothing but the furnace will blow air (furnace and ac have separate ventilation I noticed.)
Old 06-01-2023, 12:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Like I said I'm still new to it. I used to work on acs but most of my knowledge is bad now. I may be mixing things up. I get absolutely no response from the ac. So possible thermostat issue you say? I will have to go by one and test the theory. Cause when I turn it to cool. The ac does nothing but the furnace will blow air (furnace and ac have separate ventilation I noticed.)

So you have power at unit but thermostat is not sending signal to relay like residential. Units run on 120volt and thermostat runs on 12 volt so batteries are good?
Old 06-01-2023, 01:33 PM   #5

Yes all 12v systems are good. I just bought a new thermostat and changed it. Same result. The board up top at the ac is also getting 120v
Old 06-01-2023, 05:57 PM   #6

I believe the compressor relay on the control board might be bad. I get 120 to it but nothing comes put of the other side
Old 06-01-2023, 07:01 PM   #7

Quote:
I believe the compressor relay on the control board might be bad. I get 120 to it but nothing comes put of the other side

That still wouldnít explain heat coming on when calling for AC.
Old 06-01-2023, 07:07 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Quote:

Try on the thermostat, turn the fan to auto setting.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 07:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm2018 View Post
Try on the thermostat, turn the fan to auto setting.
Already tried. Fan will not come on.
Old 06-01-2023, 07:38 PM   #10

Quote:
It does not
Old 06-01-2023, 07:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Heat doesn't come put, just the furnace fan kicks on
Old 06-02-2023, 06:24 AM   #12

Quote:
Heat doesn't come put, just the furnace fan kicks on

Just a thought I had a motorhome one time thermostat flipped out. I removed from wall and looked at back and the circuit board had some corrosion. Cleaned it up and good as new.
Old 06-02-2023, 07:51 AM   #13

Quote:
Just a thought I had a motorhome one time thermostat flipped out. I removed from wall and looked at back and the circuit board had some corrosion. Cleaned it up and good as new.
Unfortunately I went out and bought a whole new one, wired it up exact just this time without the heating side and no good. Hooked up heating side, same result (furnace fan comes on when i switch to cool, setting fan on auto vs on has no effect on either fans) , followed both schematics and the old wiring to a T.
Old 06-02-2023, 09:51 AM   #14

Quote:
Unfortunately I went out and bought a whole new one, wired it up exact just this time without the heating side and no good. Hooked up heating side, same result (furnace fan comes on when i switch to cool, setting fan on auto vs on has no effect on either fans) , followed both schematics and the old wiring to a T.

Are you using a RV thermostat?

Tags
fleetwood