Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2021, 07:04 PM   #1

Fleetwood quality

In the past I owned 2 Bounder dp's. Although the cabinetry was a weak point they served me well. We are thinking of downsizing to something under 38 ft. I was thinking of one of the FW units: Bounder,Excursion Expedition or Discovery . I am very familiar with the 02 to 05 units but would prefer something a little newer. I was at the Twin Cities FMCA convention when the new power bridge chassis was unveiled. It was impressive

Unfortunately shortly after this Rev took over. I have not been follo wing Rev and all of their different brands. I do know that there are lots of complaints. From the no frame windows to the upholstery that almost dissolves. Probably these units are no worse tha n many others. However I am wondering when the problems began? I do not want a new unit but would consider something around 2015 if they did not have the upholstery problems
Any insight appreciated.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2021, 07:24 PM   #2

I did some googling and apparently Rev was getting their chairs and sofa from Lippert. The old FW bought very little from LCI. Lippert is famous for buying up other rv parts suppliers and turning the product into cheap junk. They own power gear, a few step mfrs. and even those rack and pinion slides that are horrible. I forget the name. Sounds German. I hope Rev does not source a lot of product from LCI. They also made horrible trailer frames that Crack
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 06:01 AM   #3

Our 2016 Bounder is average. They have added many things to try and bridge the gap with the pusher market. All of our issues have been with products made by somebody else.

Front Window Shade
LED Lights
Precision Plex Multiplex System
Dometic Sealand Toilet System
Rear Ac/Heatpump

Many things were fixable by me. We took it to REV near the end of year one, and they handled a punch list of items very well. The AC/Heatpump failed in year 3.
Old 07-26-2021, 08:31 AM   #4

I can only give you an opinion based on my experience with the REV product and my 2016 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 33CT. I have had nothing but issues with this motorhome. The worst being multiple and ongoing leaks. I have always kept this thing in covered storage and inspect the seals and gaskets everywhere and maintain per owners manual. The dealer is unable to find the source of my most recent leak which is causing delamination over the dryer vent just under the roofline. According to the tech at General RV "this roof looks brand new". I am getting ready to drive it back to the factory....maybe they can help. REV does not include sealants in any warranty and their delamination warranty is a joke. The best (in my opinion) is/was Tiffin. I don't know what Thor will do to them in the future. I noticed that you mentioned some diesels....The new Bounders and Vacationers are Ford f53 gassers but the house build will be the same. The RV Consumer Group rates RV's and (for a small fee) you can join and get their books. You will probably get a more unbiased review than mine or anyone else's here.
Old 07-26-2021, 10:42 AM   #5
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
One of the reasons I went with Fleetwood was my experience with a '71 (?) Tioga that was our first and well used when we bought it. While it had age problems I felt that it was well constructed.

Due to work constraints we sold it and several years later bought a Forest River Sunseeker that was a rental from a local fleet. Every day I wish the Bounder was constructed half as good as it.

IMO Fleetwood is an expert at putting lipstick on a pig. Cover up the poor workmanship with glitz and hope nothing falls apart during the warranty. I wish I would have kept a running list of all the poor workmanship and stupid things that are still being discovered.
Old 07-27-2021, 11:35 PM   #6

I have a 2015 Fleetwood Excursion 35B, purchased because of floor plan and everything we had on our must have list. Prior to this one, we had a 2004 Forest River Class C Sunseeker with no slides. Not really good to compare the two as there are a lot more "stuff" in the Excursion. I consider the Excursion to be low to mid-level in build quality.

For issues, we've had:
The upholstery is disintegrating. Both the driver's seat and the Euro lounge chair.
Frameless windows have separated from the "taped" on latching bracket, had to reglue 3 of them. Large window in bedroom (escape window) foldout pane fell off, had to replace entire window.
Vacu-flush system, basically need to carry spare parts. Just replaced the spring for the toilet bowl this week. Had to order from Amazon with quick delivery. Now have a spare.
Did have a leak in one window, repaired under warranty.
Three Coleman Mach 8 air conditioners have gone bad (yep only have 2, rear has gone bad twice), still waiting on replacement under extended warranty.
Crown molding fell off.
Freightliner air suspension - multiple leveling valves, air bag leak, miscellaneous leaks.
Other little things that needed adjustment during first year.

Even with these items, I'd still buy one again. I must say it is a continuous learning experience.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:41 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Again you all have have just started to fix things. I'm on 350+ repairs and improvements. On my 15 Discovery.
Keep your tools handy.
Too bad the house isn't built like the chassis, no problems so far.
Old 08-03-2021, 03:19 PM   #8

My 2015 Discovery has adequate

There are bad RVís or quality issues with every manufacturer so itís a loaded response you will receive, especially from scorned individuals.
I have a 2015 Discovery 37R that has had a few issues but a punch list of items is imminent from what Iíve read.
I donít think not having to repair or fix something along the course of ownership is quite a stretch of reality with RVís.
I had and airbag issue, a cruise control issue and a fuel line leak but itís been a blast.
Some mods here and there along with the travels makes for an enjoyable time.
PM me if you are seriously looking to buy as mine will be for sale after November.
Not for quality issues but personal issues and it has a transferable warranty to give the new owner peace of mind! 🤔
SueRVEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 06:43 PM   #9

I have a 2005 excursion.OLD SCHOOL.
Solid wood cabinets, original upholstery still looks great.41000 miles.
Original roof with some work ( RECOATED)
A little ceiling sag ( GLUE GONE).
I am the second owner clear coat started to peel on front.
Keep up with maintenance should last a while.
Dash looks AWESOME.
Did replaced the carpet with laminate.
PABO05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 07:43 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I owned a 2015 REV built HR Ambassador, diesel. It was more entry level and you get what you pay for. I was pretty happy with the quality of build. Frameless windows were never a problem and the upholstery held up. The fake wood cabinets left something to be desired and some things should never be assembled with staples but I never had any hardware fail or issues with fitment.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, quality