Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2022, 11:08 AM   #1

Fleetwood Quality of Build

I started a thread earlier and realized later that I didnít ask a specific question. My wife and I are upgrading to a larger diesel power coach, and are concerned about build quality for something this expensive. The old adage ďyou get what you pay forĒ probably holds true in many cases. We had a Fleetwood discovery years ago that we thought was pretty good. Are they still a decent quality coach? Or are there much better coaches for the same money. Weíve been attracted to these models for their layout, design, and colors available(interior). I would like to hear opinions both positive and negative. Thx in advance.
slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2022, 11:36 AM   #2

Official iRV2 Sponsor

After extensive research and many factory visits, NIRVC took on the Fleetwood line because we were so impressed with the quality of the units, and the quality checks throughout the build process. I recently did a video on the Frontier. I was very impressed with the quality of the coach, and the incredibly quiet and smooth ride.
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
214-392-1100
Angie Morell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 12:49 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We have a 2 year old Fleetwood Pace Arrow which is one rung down from a Discovery.
We owned a Thor and a Winnebago previously both purchased new.
The Fleetwood had some minor issues at first that were corrected by a trip back to the factory repair facility.
The quality is good but we still have things break that perhaps shouldn’t.
The latest was the double sliding doors that separate the bedroom from the rest of the coach . The entire assembly became detached from the ceiling . It had been held in with light grade hardware that failed . I’m pretty handy so the repair was easy.
Fleetwood has treated us well and I would buy from them again , the Thor was horrible and the Winnebago was similar to the Fleetwood.
The local dealer is worthless but I think that’s true in most cases.
The only caveat is that quality seems to have suffered across the board with the recent going’s on in our country.
We were recently overnighting in South Carolina on our way home from a trip to Florida and a brand new discovery pulled into the site next to us. What a beautiful rv , it was a pearl white and the interior looked gorgeous .
Our rig is a pleasure to drive and the layout is very suitable for us. One test of quality for me is the amount of hardware I find on the floor after a long trip , you know screws , nuts , sawdust etc .
So far I have found nothing and when I have been in behind the cabinets and drawers it’s pretty clean back there as well.
We are happy so far.
petewolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:15 AM   #4

Build Quality isn't horrible

My wife and I had the exact same concerns when selecting our next motorhome after keeping and upgrading from our ACE/Thor.

We went to multiple dealerships to check out the many manufacturers in our price range. Even a few above our price range. Fleetwood definately fell into the category of "you get what you pay for". Even within their own models and price categories, you can tell a difference.

I would never consider another THOR product after dealing with all of the build quality issues in our ACE. However, I wanted to see for myself if the Top of the line THOR product was better/same/worse. We toured a brand new Palazzo and found many of the same cheap hardware and build style that our 10 year old ACE had.

We only looked at new Fleetwood coaches in many price brackets and they start out with better products than Thor. The higher the price, the higher the tech and components.

If I could afford an American Coach, I would get it based on the quality of interior build. Those things are beautiful.

In the end, the Fleetwood Discovery checked most of the boxes for us. Good amount of tech, Freightliner chassis, 4 slides, decent build quality.

We have a short punch list of things that need to be repaired, but most of the items are cosmetic and not structural.
sanfordturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM   #5

We bought a 2022 Bounder 35K in August 2021 and are absolutely thrilled with it. A little over 5000 miles and very few issues. This is our 3rd new motorhome in the last 17 years and by far the best built with the fewest issues. We were looking at a Newmar Baystar 3609 and side by side we choose the Bounder. Granted I have a 22000lb chassis but I know that limit and it's not an issue. The Bounder fit and finish was much better than the Baystar. There were conveniences in the Bounder that were missing in the Baystar. Not to mention I like the room in the bedroom much better.
CraigBounder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, quality