Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #1

fleetwood revolution pro/con?

I will be purchasing a 2003 or 2004 fleetwood revolution diesel in the near future. I like their floor plans very much, and understand they have been manufactured at American Eagle's assembly line. Can anyone offer me info, pro or con, on this RV? In particular I would like to know about the chassis construction. If you presently own one, would you purchase a fleetwood again?

Richard Bordelon
bordelonauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #2

It was built in the same factory as American Coach, in Decatur, Indiana. It either has a Freightliner or a Spartan chassis. Recently AC has renamed the Revolution from Fleetwood to American Coach Revolution. In my opinion, they are good coach's. Factory support is very good. I have owned 4 AC's. Quality is very good though I have not owned a Rev.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mine is an 03 and so far I love it. It has been a great coach thus far with no problems. I'm most certain that the 03 and 04 models were only available with a Freightliner chassis and the standard motor was a 350 Cummins. While I am not big on a Cummins engine, I own a CAT powered Peterbilt, it has been a good motor thus far.

My plans are to upgrade to a newer model eventually, maybe an 07 with the Spartan chassis and a 400 CAT motor.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #4

The revolution was fleetwoods took of the line. It is a good coach with that said I would not buy anything without it being checked out. Yes I would buy a revolution again.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #5

Our 2003 Revolution on a Freightliner chasis (resale) has turned out to be a very nice coach, with excellent fit/finish and quality throughout, especially on the inside. The floor plan is outstanding for us, with the more-than-abundant kitchen counter space being one of its nicest features. The original owner ordered the coach with an additional sink/cabinets/lights option in place of the washer/dryer setup, giving us 2 separate sink/cabinet areas adjacent to the shower and rear bedroom. This is absolutely our favorite feature on our coach. I would recommend you consider this in your search. Our coach was originally ordered with every option available at that time from Fleetwood, and the original owner also added a ton of other goodies ($$$'s). These are also, IMHO, important things for you to consider.

Are we happy with our purchase? Yes. Would we consider another Fleetwood? Absolutely! Like Tha Rooster said....be sure to check it out. Ours pretty much sat for almost 3 years before we bought it, and it needed a number of maintenance and service issues addressed. But the purchase price and the overall quality of the coach more than made up for that. Have fun!
Old 02-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #6

Thumbs up Revolution

Our 2004 revolution has been great. Allot of RV for the money.

A couple things to verify or be watchful for:

1). If it has the Norcold fridge, make sure the recall service got performed.
2). The front seats are flex steel. They are a good company. The driver seat will slide back all the way to the slider when the slider is in. This could break the seat recliner latch if you are not careful. Mine broke and flexsteel sent me the replacement part at no charge. They were fantastic to work with. Also you have got to make sure the driver seat is forward when moving out the slider. If not it catches on the slider. Bad design by fleetwood.
3). Make sure the tires have been replaced. Any tire with a DOT of 03 or 04 is in need of replacement and cost roughly $675 a piece to replace.

We are very happy with our Revolution.
I would buy another.
Hootie-Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeapBigEngin View Post
The original owner ordered the coach with an additional sink/cabinets/lights option in place of the washer/dryer setup,

Any pictures of that heap? I'd like to see that.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #8

2nd Sink Area

Ranger429....

Just looked at the original brochure for our coach (2003). Apparently, the standard space in our floorplan (40 C) was to be occupied by a utility cabinet....the washer/dryer was optional. The orginal owner ordered the second sink area in place of the standard cabinet and the washer/dryer option....hope that makes sense.

Since you asked, I am going to attempt to upload a picture of our second sink area....I do not have a decent picture including both sink areas. The second sink is on the driver side of the coach between the water closet and the m/bedroom entrance, directly accross the aisle from the shower area. The standard sink area is on the passenger side of the coach, directly adjacent to the shower. Both sink areas are pretty much the same....each includes the sink, medicine cabinet with lights, underneath storage and overhead lighting. My wife has one, I have the other. Life is better that way.....

I have seen this feature on newer coaches at RV shows. It may be standard on some coaches....and it should be. As I've said, it is our favorite feature on our Revolution. Thanks for asking....hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1296.JPG
Views:	505
Size:	449.3 KB
ID:	18080  
Old 02-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks heap, never seen that before and I think I would give up the washer/dryer for it as well, don't know if she would though. When my wife and daughter are in the bath area getting ready to go somewhere it is quite a wait to get to the sink......
Old 02-23-2012, 05:30 AM   #10

Ranger,

One thing I'm still not sure about are the leveling jacks on my 04 Revolution. Two in the back and one in front.

I tend to think two in front would be better. Any thoughts from others would be welcome.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootie-Owl View Post
Ranger,

One thing I'm still not sure about are the leveling jacks on my 04 Revolution. Two in the back and one in front.

I tend to think two in front would be better. Any thoughts from others would be welcome.
I think they agreed with you on my 08 there are 2 front and rear
Chuck Linn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #12

4- vs 3-jack leveling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootie-Owl View Post
Ranger,

I understand that the original 4-jack system twisted the chassis causing delamination and other issues. This was replaced by the 3-jack system. 3 points describe a plane and thus it is impossible to twist the frame with that. Manufacturers wanted to put in 4-jacks and finally came up with a computerized system that auto levels so as to not apply stress to the chassis.

The only thing I don't like about the 3-jacks on my 40C is that it is nearly impossible to do the jack maintenance which is to wipe the jack tube down after extended use of a month or more to get dust off before retracting. You are also to spray it with silicon oil after wiping. You are instructed to not get under the chassis while it is lifted by the jacks... The rear two jacks can be reached.

We absolutely love our 03 40C and have had it for 7 months now. My wife's favorite feature is the washer/drier. We put clothes in in the morning and they are all dry when we return.
Dirt Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #13

Freightliner Owners Club
We've owned ours for just a year so I'm not sure I would be much help. We really like the MH and we've put 2500 miles on it and about 3 months living in it. The Freightliner Chasis has been great and the ride is like floating. We have four jacks, but the front two cannot be used separately like the back two. I wouldn't hesitate to go Fleetwood again.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #14

We love our 2002 Revolution 38B. We have had it since Dec. 2012 and are full timers. The three point levelers have been okay so far. It has a Freightliner chassis and a 330 hp Cummins engine.

Tags
fleetwood