RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2021, 01:37 PM   #1

Fleetwood Storm TV Swing Motor

Hi Folks,

I am pretty sure I saw a similar thread the other day, but can't, for the life of me, find it now. I have a (new to me) 2011 Fleetwood Storm 32BH and the motor that swings out the TV is not working. I have verified that the interlock switch that allows the bed to come down works (although I don't think it affects the TV swing motor). Additionally, I removed the wires from the motor terminals and verify that I get +12V when I depress the switch one way and -12V when I depress the switch the other way, so that all seems to function, but the motor doesn't operate. It is currently stuck about 1" from it's fully extended position. Additionally, I believe that I have the coach in the proper configuration for it to work (park brake on, transmission in park or whatever those might be) as it was previously working and then just stopped. I also verified that the fuse is good (which was redundant because, as I said above, I am getting voltage to the motor leads). It seems like it has to be either just a bad motor (but it has been working well) or an interlock issue somewhere. I don't see any information in the owners manual regarding interlock switches for the swing motor. I am wondering if anyone knows if there is any sort of limit switch that cuts electricity to the motor when it reaches full swing. I can't find one and am wondering if it is maybe internal to the motor (like a torque limiter or something). I can't find any online specs for the motor and wondered if anyone else has experienced similar issues.

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Tom W
wadawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2021, 03:19 PM   #2

Since I have the same unit and also had a problem with the stupid thing here’s my 2 cents. In my case one of the wires got pinched when I closed one time. The tv was all the way closed so I had to remove the whole tv to remove the swing bolt to get it out. FW in their ultimate wisdom used a square headed nut that you couldn’t get to. I replaced it with a wing nut which would catch and allow you to unbolt from the top. Then I discovered that the fuse for that motor is in the compartment under the steps where the batteries are located. On mine it’s a 10amp fuse. Till I found the pinched/shorted wire I replaced a couple of them. Next on the motor itself is little pressure plate which will turn off the motor when it is fully extended. I did post something about this last summer as I recall on this forum. As I recall if the spring loaded pressure plate don’t align correctly with the tv frame the motor will shut off and no swinging tv. You are correct, there is nothing about it in the manuals Good luck. Btw I have 59000 on my storm and am planning going to do Alaska this year if COVID 19 allows
Old 01-21-2021, 09:07 PM   #3

Thank you for that information. Good to know that there is a pressure switch. I will try to find that, likely it is the problem as all other components seem to be working.

Thanks again,
Tom
wadawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, motor