Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2021, 03:43 PM   #1

Fleetwood Vs Fr3

Hello everyone
My Wife and I are trying to decide between a used Fr3 32DS and a Fleetwood 34j. Both are bunkhouses but have different floor plans. I like the floor plan of the Fleetwood better as it has one super slide on the drivers side leaving room for larger awning. The Fr3 has a fiberglass roof where the Fleetwood has a tpo roof. The thing that worries me is everyone on he seems to like there Fr3ís and seems like the donít have to many major issues. I can find much on the Fleetwood good or bad.

So I guess what Iím asking is are all motorhomes built if similar quality good or bad? Should a person just pick the floor plan and except that there will some issues? Are these coaches considered at the same tier level?
BrianBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2021, 06:01 AM   #2

My unit is the fw Storm bunkhouse model.itís lasted well. Weíve put 55,000 miles on it and itís still going strong. It has the basic stuff without all the bells and whistles. It appears the FW model youíre looking at is a Bounder. It is more upscale than the Storm. If it is gas then itís a Ford f-53 platform unless itís older which means it could be GM platform. Both engines and platforms are good with not that many issues. Itís usually the ďhouse or rvĒ stuff that gives you fits. One rule of thumb is go with the layout first that works for you. Good luck with your searches.
Old 05-17-2021, 09:41 AM   #3

We are looking at a Flair 34j. I’m going to look at it this week and unless something is wrong with it I’d say that’s what we will go with.
BrianBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 10:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBrown View Post
Hello everyone
My Wife and I are trying to decide between a used Fr3 32DS and a Fleetwood 34j
After several years of research, my wife and I were all set to buy an FR3 30DS... then we looked at our Bounder 33C. You need to look at both coaches in person and then decide for yourself.
Old 05-18-2021, 09:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Travco View Post
After several years of research, my wife and I were all set to buy an FR3 30DS... then we looked at our Bounder 33C. You need to look at both coaches in person and then decide for yourself.
This. I was also in the looking at an FR3 camp.... I now have a Bounder 35k in the drive way
mack73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood