Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2014, 07:45 AM   #15

I have a 2012 expedition 38b and feel compelled to jump in and give my opinion and experiences as it may not jive with everyone else.

Fleetwood customer service is fantastic, an advocate for me ,responsive and will get things done.

Factory repair service is horrible! Anyone that has spent a week sitting on the couches in decatur will support me. Anyone who disagrees has not!

I had numerous problems with my rv after purchase and I understand bugs are typical imo mine has been excessive. I scheduled one month out for the following.

Broken jack system
Broken washing machine
Install satellite dish
Pitting on new chrome mirror
Leaking sink lines
Fridge not secured properly
Numerous trim items

Now again new rv's have issues

I drove the 500 miles to the plant and they repaired all ( some strong persuasion on my part was needed for certain items)
But I was told there was no washer in stock!
This was the main reason I went back to them because I did not want a rv tech tearing apart my new interior. I wanted the factory guys. I was quite frankly told sorry and we cannot get one they are nationally backordered.
(After finding the same model online at sears 75miles away) I was told they could not obtain that for me.( for the record coning from the automotive field I get that) the thing that really set me off was the attitude from the svc mgr that he could care less quite frankly.

Now to keep the record straight the lady in cust svc I dealt with took care of it and got me a washer. The tech at fleetwood explained how to remove it myself as to not damage anything and I installed it and got it working. But the whole deal rubbed me the wrong way.

My main point here is to give a perspective of my experiences and not to start a big debate online so please save that end of this. I just want the op to hear this side too.

Biggest point here is make sure your dealer or repair ship is good. Regardless of what you buy you will have issues. Be thorough(and I mean ridiculously thorough to the point of pissing everyone off) when you take delivery.
Also dont waste your time traveling back to fleetwood direct unless you are close because the service there is worse then most low level auto repair shops(cust service wise )

One more thing know your warranty and document every problem you have prior to it running out because when they say a year they mean it.
Eddies26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2014, 08:20 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Eddie,
Boy, am I sorry to hear of your experience. You had a lot of issues of varying severity, and you experienced a difficult time getting resolution. That sucks.

I'm also surprised. I have a new Fleetwood Discovery and had a couple of minor issues, but also a a more major problem with my Full Wall Slide. Local shop was not comfortable repairing it. Fleetwood did try to convince them too, but I insisted that a problem like this requires factory service. It was not at all a hard sell--they complied rather easily.

I am not retired, and I live south of Houston, TX, so driving to their factory was not possible for me. Fleetwood sent a driver to pick up the RV. Very professional 3rd party guy who had a commercial license and knew what he was doing. Took the RV back for repairs, and I had all pleasant phone conversations during the repair.

A couple of weeks later, after replacing bedroom carpet, painting the underside of the FWS (I didn't even notice that damage--was pretty minimal), installing ramps and rollers for the long term solution, and checking off my short list of minor other things, Fleetwood sent one of the technicians who worked on my coach to deliver it back to my driveway. I appreciated that because he came with photos in-hand that showed the areas where damage was, and was able to answer all of my questions on how they repaired it.

So, while I would rather have not had the issues in the first place, I'm much happier knowing that the Fleetwood guys took care of it. There is no way that my local shop would have done such a thorough job.

I am in no way inferring that your issues weren't real. I sincerely feel your pain. I had similar crappy service from Coachmen on our prior gas Class A. It sucked, and I was never very happy with that company. I hope that your persistence paid off, and you have an RV that you are thrilled with.

I know that I do.
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:44 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies26 View Post
...Factory repair service is horrible!...
Sorry you had a bad experience, mine was just the opposite. They kept my coach for two weeks, did extensive work (out of warranty), charged me nothing and reimbused me for all my diesel fuel...1,500 miles worth.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:35 PM   #18

Not trying to take over the post but thanks for the feedback. I am headed back out there to repair the water leak and my my driver slide so this gives me hope that I can still get things done. I do love my coach and although we are looking for a 42a until then I feel for the money it is hard to beat this package.
Eddies26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, tiffin, newmar