Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #1

Fleetwood vs Newmar and Tiffin

HI!
I am very close to buying right now. I am comparing three very similar Gas Coaches. Would love opinions regarding the quality and experiences with company support and service when it is needed. Thanks for all input. The motorhome industry seems to have changed since the recession. How is Fleetwood doing on customer service?
livintolearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2014, 11:30 PM   #2

I have a 2003 Fleetwood Expedition DP which I have owned for one year. I've had occasion to deal with Fleetwood customer service three times, twice for repair and once for interior update research. Every time it was the most pleasant experience. If they didn't know the answer they put me in touch with someone who did. In addition, they kept in mind ways to help me save money. I can't say enough good even though my experience HSS been over a short period of time.

If I had to do it over, I would absolutely choose Fleetwood again.
Skipper Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:42 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
they are all good brands... so really it's like.. which one do you like better? Which floorplan, which this and that... I know that's not exactly what you want to hear, but I really do believe the "experience" will be very similar in any of them.

Check for stuff that matters like.... how does this door open, is there a window there vs there, can i access the batteries easily, the stuff you'll really deal with day in and out, getting into and out of the cockpit, closing the blinds and front curtain, emptying the tanks, hose connections, junk that gets on your nerves if it's not to your liking...

and then do what your wife says..
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:59 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I agree with Plasma800 ... all three are good brands. Newmar probably has the best reputation ... but, I haven't had one problem with our Fleetwood that Fleetwood didn't jump on right away. I've called Customer Service and they have been very helpful.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:23 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Once again, we're comparing Chevy vs Ford vs Chrysler, vs Toyota, vs Honda.

There is just no way you can get a unbiased and educated answer to this question. Those who have or have owned one will 9 times out of 10 will say it's the best even tho they have absolutely no experience what so ever with the others.

Go for the one you (and the DW) like the best.....

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:18 AM   #6

Whatever the DW wants, she gets. Happy wife, happy family!!
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by livintolearn View Post
HI!
I am very close to buying right now. I am comparing three very similar Gas Coaches. Would love opinions regarding the quality and experiences with company support and service when it is needed. Thanks for all input. The motorhome industry seems to have changed since the recession. How is Fleetwood doing on customer service?
Welcome to the forum livintolearn. Are you asking about used or new gassers? If used the discussion can lean to Ford vs Workhorse (sorry to bring that on up again). Also, in a gas MH be sure to check the CCC, cargo carrying capacity. Running the rig across an axle scales can be a wise decision before writing a check.
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:53 AM   #8

I have had two Class C's and present Class A. One C was a Winnebago and the other two Fleetwoods. All three were excellent machines with few if any problems. Never had to contact Fleetwood or Winnebago.

I hate my 1999 Bounder. I have had not problems with it. It runs like a hose and all systems work as designed. Dealer does normal maintenance and we have 65K on the odometer. It drives well, is comfortable and a great floorplan.

I hate it as I can not think of a reason to trade for a DP that the wife will believe. Oh well, maybe next year....ha ha

Buy the one you like best and press on.....
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:41 PM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Bought a 2008 Fleetwood Bounder Diesel new in 2009. Best buy I ever made. We drove it to Alaska and back 10 thousand miles in 2012. No problem.
Anytime I need to contact Fleetwood for information or wiring diagrams and anything, they are very helpful and knowledgeable. Would buy another Fleetwood any time.
CPCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:00 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Im on my third RV. This current coach is the only fleetwood of the three. I can tell you that Fleetwood is head and shoulders better than my previous two when it comes to quality and customer service. Not only better, they blew the other two away. plasma is right, its the little things that make you happy like how is the wet bay set up and how do the latches work ect. Again, hands down fleetwood. I don't worry about whats going to happen if it does break like I did in the past with the other manufacturers.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:06 PM   #11

I had 2 Fleetwood Southwinds & was quite happy with both of them. Then I drove a Newmar Dutch Star.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:20 PM   #12

But you have to take in to consideration that you're talking about the difference between a diesel pusher and a gasser. Huge difference in chassis, etc. I would think that for what you paid for your Dutch Star you could buy a much newer Southwind with more slides, etc. If your needs call for a diesel pusher they're great. If you don't, you certainly get a lot more features in the gasser for the same money. I just bought a low mileage 2008 Southwind, trading in my gorgeous '95 Dutch Star gasser. The way I use my coach and with the budget I wanted to stay within I wasn't willing to give up the features of the newer coach just to get a diesel.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:35 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
I've owned two Class A DP, so my comparison may not be helpful. However, regarding your inquiry of FW CS, the absolute best! The staff are professional and at times can be testy, that being said as the industry recovered from hard times ARG tuned in and trained their representatives into well versed service agents. You'll find the quality of your rigs similar in the three mentioned but you'll be hard pressed to find equality that surpasses FW customer relations. JMO but well thought out!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:42 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
FW tech service is excellent, so is the service at the factory. That said, Newmar and Tiffin also make good coaches. Get the one with the floor plan the D/W likes.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, tiffin, newmar