Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2021, 08:05 AM   #1

Flooring replacement - Pace Arrow 36D

Good morning !

I have a 36' 2007 Pace Arrow with a full slide and the flooring is need of replacement. I have been told that replacement of the carpeting to a hard flooring such as laminate, LVP or tile is not recommended due to the full side that slides across and rests on the flooring when retracted into the coach.

My question is, has any other owners of full slide units replaced the flooring with something other than carpet and if so, how has it worn? Any advice is appreciated!

TIA
Rick.Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2021, 12:38 PM   #2

How long is your slide?
I have four slides, two I believe are fifteen feet( maybe)
I have installed LVP in both with no issues.
This was almost three years ago.
Sorry my MH is in storage at the moment and I wonít
go there for a couple days.
However I donít think that you should have any issues.
PABO05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 06:48 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
I replaced our carpet with LVT. At first I put stick on pads that typically go on the bottom of table legs along the leading edge of the slide. That seemed to work very well with my "practice" runs. However, when we first used it, we have two runner rugs we put in front of the dinette and recliners and found that the end of the slide drops down on them and they slide along with the slide protecting the floor. Have had no problems scuffing the floor. By the way, we love the LVT flooring.
RandalVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 07:36 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
On a couple of coaches the bottom of the slide was a metal pan. It just slide across the carpet. The customer wanted wood flooring. We just glued carpet to the pan, upside down. Now the carpet just glides across the wood floor.

Tags
ace, floor, flooring, pace arrow, replace, replacement