Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2017, 06:21 PM   #1

Flushing black water tank water comes out side of Bounder

My friend was rising his Bounder's black water tank and noticed water running out the left side of the coach above the rear left wheel. This only happens when using the black water flush. Not sure where the water is coming from yet but I suspect a leaky Santi Flush connection? Not sure of year of Bounder but it has the washer/dryer combo in the back wall of the coach and a full slide out on the driver side. Any idea where the Santi flush valve/ hoses are located???

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2017, 06:01 AM   #2

No Comments from Bounder owners?

Any comments from the Bounder folks??? I guess I will contact Fleetwood...maybe the Bounder doesn't have the Santi Flush and check valve. The water leak must be somewhere between the outside water connection in the utility bay and the black water tank.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KF5UMC View Post
Any comments from the Bounder folks??? I guess I will contact Fleetwood...maybe the Bounder doesn't have the Santi Flush and check valve. The water leak must be somewhere between the outside water connection in the utility bay and the black water tank.
Would help quite a bit with year and model. But yes, def call FW:
800-322-8216
They provided all the plumbing lines to me when asked for them.
They also have schematics of the location of the tank and the flush attachments on the tank itself.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:35 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What type of bounder is it???
Some of the models have VaccuFlush, some do not, I am not aware of any of the bounders with a Santi flush system. On my 35K the water closet is just aft of the left rear wheel. The only line I know that runs over the left rear wheel on mine is to the fresh water tank for filling.
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:29 AM   #5

Folks.
Thanks for the replies. I'm doing this as a favor for the guy that owns the Bounder. I will have him email Fleetwood for drawings. I have the complete drawing package for our Fleetwood Discovery including plumbing and black water flush plumbing which includes the Santi Flush and check valve. If and when the problems get solved I will provide an update.

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2017, 07:30 AM   #6

Dennis
There is a separate line running to your black tank to flush the tank. There is a water attachment on the utility water panel named black tank flush. I am attaching the schematic for that system on my coach which the OP may find usefull
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tank_Flush_System.pdf (336.6 KB, 247 views)
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:32 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Sounds like it might be a bad vacuum breaker .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_breaker

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:36 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Two identical answers.
First: Does this happen WHEN you are flushing.. or when you disconnect the flush hose Second question: Des it appear to come from ABOVE the black tank?

In the case of "only when you disconnect" ... Working as designed. Read on as to why

In the case of WHEN FLUSHING.

Above the tank In some cases in the bathroom, in my case the device is outside but above the tank (I have to remove some access panels I just got done re-attaching with Stainless Steel Screws to see it)

A Vacuum breaker... Often these will start leaking and cause the kind of thing you describe

The line from the water INLET runs UP to the vacuum breaker, then back DOWN to "The Flusher" (Nothing mroe than a spray head inside the tank) or in my case the TORNADO (ok, I upgraded)

When you disconnect the water in the UP hose drains back out and the water in the DOWN.. Well normally it woudl drain into the tank (Not with the tornado due to a spring-check valve)

So that's normal

but if it's spraying around when flushing your options are

Leaky hose or leaky Vacuum Breaker and of the two, I suspect the breaker.

Very easy to replace.. Once you find it.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Dennis
There is a separate line running to your black tank to flush the tank. There is a water attachment on the utility water panel named black tank flush. I am attaching the schematic for that system on my coach which the OP may find usefull
Thanks for the drawing. We will look behind the dresser / vanity to find item #5, #6. My leak was at the 2 hose connections of the vac break. The problem only occurs during flushing with black water hose attached to the vac break.

Thanks to all

Tags
bounder, tank, water