Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
TM3

Fogged Up Dual Pane Windows-Not Happy!

I have a 2004 Southwind and the windows have been fogging up for some time. They are now pretty bad. It appears that the dual pane seal needs to be rebuilt. I have called several repair facilities including Fleetwood dealers and have been told all they can do is order new windows. There has to be some type of repair available. Does anyone have a good referral of a glass repair company? Love the rig and have owned 4 other Fleetwoods prior. I am a little disappointed in the design/qaulity flaw as this is not what I expect from a Fleetwood product. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

TM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave 430
TM3,
If you are into repairing the window yourself (I'm not) this person will sell you what you need to repair the seal on the window.
http://www.daverootrvglassrepair.com/
Dave 430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
TM3

Unfortunetly I am not too handy as well. I am hoping to find a similar company locally. Thanks.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
There is a firm in FL that does the work offering full hookup while you watch the repair being done. Some where I have their info and will try to locate and post back. In the meantime you may be able to google up using perhaps rv window repair or replacement. Good luck will get back if I can find info, not uncommon for any rv with some age on her to loose the seal my home had the same problem.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM3 View Post
Unfortunetly I am not too handy as well. I am hoping to find a similar company locally. Thanks.
He also does seasonal work in California, see this Creeping Window Seals
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This guy is in Arkansas I do not know if that will help you or not
RV Fog Doctor - Repairing Fogged, Streaked and Discolored RV Windows
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Had two of mine done there in March, driver and passenger front side, $650.
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #8
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
It's not just Fleetwood. I had a fogged window in my Monaco Executive. Texas Custom Coach in Pipe Creek, TX removed it, sent it to a glass company which took it apart, cleaned it up (all four surfaces) and resealed it up. You should be able to find a local glass company who can do the same for you. Don't recall the cost but it was a lot less than a new window.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #9

My rig is older so I tried drilling the seals - one small hole at the top, one at the bottom. My windows are clear now - did the driver's and passengers. started with a very small bit, and increased the diameter without hitting the glass. I may seal the holes one of these days when we have extended dry weather - but hasn't seemed inportant to do so - camped in Texas this spring in pouring rain, no moisture buildup.
S2kskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
In fl we have a company Suncoast Designers in Hudson, Fl who repairs the windows. Driveer side about 500 bucks and they guarentee the job for 5 years. Another option is to check in your local area for glass replacement. One company quoted me to just open the window and replace both panes with a single laminated glass (saftey glass of course). Said the R Value of the Heir double pane is very low, so heat and cool wise one shouldn't see any different. good luck ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #11
TM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hilley View Post
He also does seasonal work in California, see this Creeping Window Seals
Thanks, I reached out to them to see if they would be in the area anytime soon.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM3 View Post
I have a 2004 Southwind and the windows have been fogging up for some time. They are now pretty bad. It appears that the dual pane seal needs to be rebuilt. I have called several repair facilities including Fleetwood dealers and have been told all they can do is order new windows. There has to be some type of repair available. Does anyone have a good referral of a glass repair company? Love the rig and have owned 4 other Fleetwoods prior. I am a little disappointed in the design/qaulity flaw as this is not what I expect from a Fleetwood product. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I also have a 2004 Southwind in Washington State and my windows are starting to fog up also. The question is why and why no recalls from the Factory. It's has to be a design failure dosen't it? I was hoping for a quick fix. Not sure I understand the drilling of the seal?]
Malibu65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:28 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu65 View Post
I also have a 2004 Southwind in Washington State and my windows are starting to fog up also. The question is why and why no recalls from the Factory. It's has to be a design failure dosen't it? I was hoping for a quick fix. Not sure I understand the drilling of the seal?]
SEGI might be the manufacturer, if so they are out of business, and a 2004 is long out of warranty. So why would you think there should be a recall?
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:37 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu65 View Post
Not sure I understand the drilling of the seal?]
My windows have an aluminum band spacer and the black gunky stuff (sorry to get so technical...!) between the panes. I drilled two holes, one at the top, one at the bottom (before the radii start) through the spacer and gunk, thinking I would get a bit of circulation and drying. I started with a very thin bit, and increased until I saw that I was close to hitting the panes - looking through the glass and watching the drill bit protrude. My thinking was worse cause, I'd shatter one pane, which would affect sound attenuation, but probably have nominal heating/cooling impact. I needed to do something, as I could not see well enough to drive safely. I can email you pics if that would help, probably headed to storage later today...
S2kskibum is offline   Reply With Quote