Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #15
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon190 View Post
My cost to replace the fixed pane on the drivers side was about $330. BUT! My insurance paid for it less the $100 comprehensive deductible. It was considered glass damage. It never hurts to file a claim!
Well maybe, now the next time you go to change your insurance there will be a record of a claim in the insurance data base and do not be surprised if they don't charge you more because you have had an "incident"

I was t-boned in an intersection where a lady ran a red light witnessed by an on duty Rochester Police officer, her insurance accepted 100% of the liability, but because under NY state law there is no fault the medical costs are covered by your own insurance. when I went to get RV insurance they claimed that was an incident.

I have found the best thing to do with insurance is have a high deductible, cover any small damage myself and use them for disasters.
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
Well maybe, now the next time you go to change your insurance there will be a record of a claim in the insurance data base and do not be surprised if they don't charge you more because you have had an "incident"

I was t-boned in an intersection where a lady ran a red light witnessed by an on duty Rochester Police officer, her insurance accepted 100% of the liability, but because under NY state law there is no fault the medical costs are covered by your own insurance. when I went to get RV insurance they claimed that was an incident.

I have found the best thing to do with insurance is have a high deductible, cover any small damage myself and use them for disasters.
Comprehensive claims don't go against your premium, only collision and liability. And I've been with the same company for 38 years, no plans to change. Life is pretty good, eh!
Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #17

For us non-window people can someone explain resealing? And what is the difference from resealing and what is done in Searcy, AR.? I have one window fogged and is this something a local RV tech can repair? Also I need to replace the rubber trim inside several window frames; so where would I find the correct size? Local window shop, dealer, manufacturer, where?

Lots of questions but I have never dealt with windows.

Thanks!!
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:22 AM   #18

Take a look at this video

The spacer in between the two pieces of glass is
saturated with a dessicant that dries any stray
moisture. The seal is like a caulk/glue thatkeeps
the moisture out. When seal failure occurs, more moisture
enters the airspace than the dessicant can absorb, causing
the cloudy film.
jrupinsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:58 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon190 View Post
My cost to replace the fixed pane on the drivers side was about $330. BUT! My insurance paid for it less the $100 comprehensive deductible. It was considered glass damage. It never hurts to file a claim!
That's an interesting idea. I wonder if Flo would raise my rates tho for filing a claim?

Jim
Lobstah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window