Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Smart Wheel

Hi,
This wheel must be smarter than me....

2013 Discovery 40e has the smart wheel, the brochure for every year says the wheel is telescopic, not mine. Am I missing something? It does tilt...though
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2014, 11:17 PM   #2

If your wheel is like mine, push on the foot release and tilt the wheel towards you. While depressing the foot release, pull on the steering wheel. It may take a bit of a tug but it does telescope.

Good luck!!
algolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:20 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by algolfer View Post
If your wheel is like mine, push on the foot release and tilt the wheel towards you. While depressing the foot release, pull on the steering wheel. It may take a bit of a tug but it does telescope.

Good luck!!
Yes this foot pedal.
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:05 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yep, smarter wheel than me!

Thanks for the tip, works great, couple tugs freed it up!
Brian
Xeena(German Shepard)
Old 02-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by algolfer View Post

Good luck!!
I was REALLY upset when we picked up our coach. The factory brochure plainly stated it had a tilt AND telescopic steering wheel. The guy who did the PDI with us pointed out the foot pedal, stated it would tilt, but did not telescope. I accepted delivery, and was ready to give the manufacturer (Thor) a nice piece of my mind. Thank goodness for the forums, when I learned it DID telescope. All the owners manuals showed a separate lever on the steering pedestal for adjusting the telescopic function - NOT.:bang head: Who hires these idiots that do the PDI's?
taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:18 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
I agree Ed, the RV industry needs to take a lesson from the auto manufacturers on brochures, owners manuals and PDI. If the auto industry acted like this they would be facing class action lawsuits! Really pitiful considering the amount of money we pay for these rigs.
Xeena(German Shepard)
Old 02-01-2014, 04:19 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian-nicola View Post
I agree Ed, the RV industry needs to take a lesson from the auto manufacturers on brochures, owners manuals and PDI. If the auto industry acted like this they would be facing class action lawsuits! Really pitiful considering the amount of money we pay for these rigs.
Unfortunately, I have to agree. That is one of the reasons to really review and ask for testimonials from the purchasing dealer. IMHO a qualified dealer is a very key tool to a successful purchase coupled with of course, a quality product.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ok, have to tell you about my walk through. The salesman put the guy who was with them the longest and knew the most about the mechanics which I requested. I am not a high tech electronics guy so I felt knowing the mechanics of the coach was the best start on our first class A. I wanted to be sure we got it home safely and left the learning of electronics to a later time..
Following what I thought was a good walkthrough, they handed me the keys and off my wife and I went with smiles from ear to ear! As we walked towards the coach to leave I asked the walk through guy, "Isn't the coach a bit low in the back?" I noticed the rear chrome deflector underneath touching the ground. He told me it was the parking lot that made it look that way. As we drove away, yup, you guessed it the air bags were totally deflated! We hit the apron of their lot and scrape we did all the way out of the lot. I quickly scrambled into my mind full of the 3 hour walk through and quickly hit the air for the bags to fill. I pulled off to the side and once the banging and popping stopped, I did a quick walk around. All appeared good so we left and got the brand new coach home without further incident. Needless to say I was not happy with this "expert" after spending that much money! Faith in everything you hear will get you burned even if you think they are right.
Safe travels!
RTinVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:58 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As hard as we try, us auto dealers leave a bunch to be desired. My guys train all the time but there is so much technology changing so fast its hard for us and the public to keep up. I get at least 10 people a week wanting us to pair their phones back up to their car. We go over it and supply a cheat sheet but nobody remembers. Hell I let my kids do mine. lol Now I know why my parents vcr was flashing all the time.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:14 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Met a guy who was a Captain on A340's, he said my Cadillac owners manual is more complex than my airplane! He closed by saying
PhD's think about them
Masters degrees design them
Bachelors degrees fly them
Guys with Gr.12 fix them
Go figure...
Xeena(German Shepard)

Tags
freightliner