Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Fresh Water Tank Drain

I have looked and looked, had the wife look and we can't find the fresh water tank drain valve on our new to us 1993 Fleetwood Coronado 29foot class MH

Can any one point me in the right direction????????
bikermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #2

bikermike
I don't have your same coach so I don't know where to tell you.
you can not see mine, but there is a rod with a ball on it you pull the rod and it opens the valve, mine is in the front compartment pass side.

I'm sure someone will know where yours is!
cam_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #3

Here is a link for your manual but it does not say exactly where it is. Look at page #25

http://fleetwoodrv.com/partsandservi...4_CORONADO.pdf

Follow the lines from the fresh water fill to find your fresh tank. Typically the fresh water pump and hand operated drain valves are located close to the tank itself, just under, or just to the left or right. I think older Fleetwoods had a blue handle for cold and red for hot drain valves.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a new 2012 Fleetwood Southwind 36S. I can not find the fresh water drain valve. The manuel says its at the end of the fresh water tank, but my tank is enclosed with no valve that I can see. Help! I found it just a few minutes ago.
Hammer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikermike
I have looked and looked, had the wife look and we can't find the fresh water tank drain valve on our new to us 1993 Fleetwood Coronado 29foot class MH

Can any one point me in the right direction????????

Hi BikerMike!

I have a 1992 Coronado 30'. With only a year's difference, am guessing that our rigs are similar on many things.

On mine, the water tank drain valve is at the rear side of the RV on driver's side. Open the compartment where the shore power cable is connected and stored. Pull the cable out completely, and you should then be able to see/feel the valves on the right-hand side inside the compartment. Use a flashlight too see better -- that small space is dark inside. :-)

Hope this helps. Keep us posted!
Old 06-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
on our 08 Southwind, just aft of the entry door is a small compartment, at the very back should be the drain vavle. The vavle is hard to open & close and a pain to get at. They replaced the original, this one is not much better.
gpscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Hi bikermike!

Our coach is a '95 and the valve is under the bed. There is round knob and a small grey "T" handle. I open the valve and then pull the handle. Voila.

So maybe look there if the other suggestions these fine folks have given you don't pan out.
ZMasterFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
found it

I found the fresh water drain, had to call tho old owner,it is located on the floor in the bedroom furnac compartment. Thanks for all feed back from everyone
bikermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:07 AM   #9

Southwind 36d drain valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer48 View Post
I have a new 2012 Fleetwood Southwind 36S. I can not find the fresh water drain valve. The manuel says its at the end of the fresh water tank, but my tank is enclosed with no valve that I can see. Help! I found it just a few minutes ago.
Where is the drain valve? I cannot find one on mine.
The tank is 2/3rds full and all I get is a dribble out of any drain I can find.
Surveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:03 AM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surveyor View Post
Where is the drain valve? I cannot find one on mine.
The tank is 2/3rds full and all I get is a dribble out of any drain I can find.
What year and make of Fleetwood? On my 05 Jamboree the valve was located under the seat cushion of the dinette closest to the passenger seat of the cab.

Basically, where is your white water tank fill port? The water tank will be next to that in your rig. Then start lifting cushions or opening panels in that vicinity. It took me the better part of a week to find mine.
vanion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:55 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
bikermike, now you know where to hide your valuable belongings while traveling. Boy, some of these rv's present some real challenges for sure. Everyone enjoy the day.
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water