RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2019, 12:31 PM   #15

City Water ByPass Valve

I have a Fleetwood, Bounder 2013 model 35K. I've posted about my tank being filled when valve is in the City Water position.
I need to purchase the City Water Bypass Valve which is a 2 way valve. Has anyone out there know of a company that sells it? any ideas or suggestions?

photos included.
I figured that the 1st point of contact for the water into the coach is the valve. Therefore, the valve is not holding or diverting the water correctly.

I appreciate all ideas and suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cit water diverter valve outside.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	253539   Click image for larger version

Name:	City water diverter valve_LI.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	253540  

PURALIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2019, 03:46 PM   #16

Mine does the same thing. I was going replace it but it looks to be a PITA as I don't have easy access to the back of the panel. What I did find is that turning the valve off and on several times always cures the problem. Then I noticed that you can actually hear it bypassing if you listen closely. I suspect the problem is caused by scale from hard water. I installed a water softener last year and since then the problem has occurred much less frequently.
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:42 AM   #17

I have had this happen and the problem was the check valve in the the water pump. If it fails city water pressure flows backwards through the pump into the fresh water tank. Check by disconnecting the input side of the pump while you have the city water turned on and valve in normal position. If you see a small steam of water coming from the input side of the pump you have found the problem. Check this first as it is a much easier fix than replacing the valve. Check valve kits or whole water pumps are available on Amazon. This happened to me in a 2006 Fleetwood Excursion. I decided to jus replace the whole pump.
Rodzent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:51 AM   #18

Both great ideas!
Another one is to make sure the valve is actually turning all the way. On my coach the valve handle was plastic and the valve stem had wallowed or stripped the handle. If felt like the valve was turning correctly, but it wasn't, thus the valve wasn't turning all the way. I made new handles out of scrap steel and now all is right with the world again.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:57 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Great points. On my 2004 Fleetwood Bounder the bypass valve if turned too aggressively can be rotated 360 degrees with no impact on the actual valve.
Stonehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 02:40 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wrong
Old 07-22-2019, 06:28 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
I had the same problem with our 2013 Winnebago. My first though a bad bypass valve but it wasn’t! It was water pump. Leaving pump on at the same time connected to city water was slowly filling up the fresh water tank. Turned off the pump problem solved
Excursion04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:13 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good idea Excursion. Thank you.
Stonehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 05:54 AM   #23

Fleetwood Bounder 2013 Fresh water diverter Valve

I posted this back in Feb. I am still hoping someone out there has changed this valve. I thank you all for different suggestions. However, the statement, "DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO PURCHASE ONE?"

Name:	City water diverter valve_LI.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	258690

Name:	City water diverter valve.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	258691

Name:	Cit water diverter valve outside.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	258692
I have a Fleetwood, Bounder 2013 model 35K. I've posted about my tank being filled when valve is in the City Water position.
I need to purchase the City Water Bypass Valve which is a 2 way valve. Has anyone out there know of a company that sells it? any ideas or suggestions?

photos included.
I figured that the 1st point of contact for the water into the coach is the valve. Therefore, the valve is not holding or diverting the water correctly.

I appreciate all ideas and suggestions.
PURALIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:46 AM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
In most cases the one way check valve in the water pump has failed. This can be repaired by putting a valve kit in the water pump or doing what I did by putting a one way check valve in the output side of the water pump.
This valve you have circled just looks like an on/off valve because it just has two lines going to it. It seams to me you could replace that with a ball valve from a hardware store.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 04:36 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed racer View Post
In most cases the one way check valve in the water pump has failed. This can be repaired by putting a valve kit in the water pump or doing what I did by putting a one way check valve in the output side of the water pump.
This valve you have circled just looks like an on/off valve because it just has two lines going to it. It seams to me you could replace that with a ball valve from a hardware store.
Exactly
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 06:06 PM   #26

X2
I have a 2015 FW Excursion with the same setup as your picture. A while back I requested from FW the part number for the valve. They sent me the following info.

At the time they had them in stock at $7.55 ea. However, you should be able to get it at HD or Lowes as its just a quick shutoff valve (as long as you can find one with barb connections).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image001.png
Views:	7
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	258791  
Old 09-01-2019, 10:00 PM   #27

I'm not sure this has anything to do with anything, but I also have a 2013 Bounder 35K. The handle on my Fill-tank/By-pass valve isn't the silver oval, like in your picture, but a black plastic "stick" similar to those on your low point drain valves. I'm not the original owner, so I don't know if it had been changed. I do know that I have to turn the handle 10 - 15° past the straight-down position until it stops to avoid a water pressure leak that makes the pump run every minute or so. The handle seems to stop where it should for the Fill-tank position, but I have to turn it more than 90° when I'm finished filling.

Tags
bounder, fleetwood, fresh water, tank, valve, water, water pump